Monday, July 21, 2008

July Hodge Podge

N.A.S.T.Y. That's what it feels like here. I was told on Saturday that this summer and last are unusually hot and muggy for MD weather. I hope they are right!

Judah did three memorable things this weekend:

1) On Friday morning, Matt came down from getting ready for work and had chosen to wear a nice blue Hawaiian print shirt to work. Judah saw him, paused, and said "Cool shirt." :-D

2)Saturday, Judah had gotten a hold of a small picture of Laura (his favorite person) that was in my purse. Matt was trying to get it back from him. Judah put the picture behind his back and told Matt, "No have it." :-( His first contemplated lie. Matt asked, "Are you lying?" Judah responded, "Yes." As Laura said, at least he's an honest liar. :-P

3) Saturday night, a friend Chris and his sisters came over to watch the boys while Matt and I had a Dark Knight date. :-) Apparently Judah had loads of fun with Chris and the really cool semi truck toy he brought over. When I went to get Judah from his crip Sunday morning, I was greeted with a "No...Chris!" That meant that Judah wanted Chris to get him up, not Momma. Then Sunday afternoon, Emilee was here. When I went to get Judah from his afternoon nap, I was greeted with "Emee?" That's the first time the person Judah has requested was actually standing by his crib at the time of request. ;-)

I'm just glad I'll always be his mom. :-)

I've been noticing that as the icky weather has continued, the death of our tomato plant has drawn ever nearer. So I gave it some good TLC this morning. I retied it to the stake using pantyhose rather than nylon rope (thanks, Momma!). I cut off all the dying branches. And praised the Lord that He's the one that is really growing this plant! Look!



I also took some pics of our other gardening endeavors: sage & oregano, bell pepper. I really wish we could get some basil. But the only kind available now is cinnamon basil. Maybe next spring we'll snatch some up!



Here's a pic of how Matt completely redid the patio. He dug all the stones up then carefully replaced them in a different more snug and eye pleasing design. He also left off a row on each side so that we can have more grass area. Now if only the grass seed would do as well as the tomatoes!



Here's another travel blanket I crocheted for a dear new friend who is going to have a baby soon -- whether in Iowa or here. Her doctor (also my doctor when Dr. T is away) gave her the go ahead to stay in Iowa for several weeks...when she's due in early August. So they may come back as new parents! Reagan's favorite color is red, hence the color choice. I'm also going to attempt to sew a nursing cover for her. :-D



Other than doing a little gardening this morning, I also put up some nice hooks in Matt's closet for his belts/hat and WD40ed the hinges so it doesn't squeak for him in the mornings. I also hung our grocery bag holder, changed our bed sheets, and did some dishes. All this in an hour and a half! Woo hoo! I even used a drill. ;-) How can I do this when Judah's up you ask? Because he's not!

Both kids only got about a 1 hour nap yesterday. It was so busy! Matt was gone by 7:30 to help the men set up stuff for our church service at the Hilton (our regular facility is doing some renovating). Then church, 2 couples over for lunch, youth leaders meeting, grab McD's, help clean up after the clothing exchange, bath time, feed cat/water plants for out of town friends, and then a movie. :-) Just a good kick off to this busy week. Matt's going to a week long conference that will require a touch longer days than usual...and then Auntie MoMo gets here Saturday!

And Elijah turns ONE next Thursday! AAAHH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your patio looks nice. :) Also...I saw a basil plant at the grocery store "Martin's". I go to the one in Eldersburg and that is where I saw it. Hope that helps :)

Kathie said...

Your tomato looks great!!! It is nice and bushy looking...ours are tall and leggy. I've picked 3 grape tomatoes and 1 green pepper though :)

I'm exhausted just reading about your Sunday.

'Lijah's birthday paper goods are on their way and should arrive around the 24th. Can't wait to see pictures. OH I take it there was no time to look for a birthday outfit over the weekend.

Autumn said...

come see photos on my blog! do you have a flickr account? you can see more photos there :)

Powered By Blogger