Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday, Monday...da da daaa da da...

As Judah currently plays "golf" with a drum stick and random balls, I thought I'd take a moment to do a short post.

I took Matt to work early this morning in order to keep the car for daytime grocery shopping. It was so pleasant to be up in the quiet (chilly!) morning with my hubby. We got Dunkin Donuts and watched the red sun rising while we drove along. On my way home, I was lost in thought and missed 175, so I just drove on to 100. (Note to Fellow MDers: I'm weeding out our California talk concerning freeways. You've won.) While on the clover leaf to 100, I saw two little fawns having a fresh, dewy grass breakfast by the side of the road. They were absolutely adorable! Probably even smaller than a golden retriever. A small blessing on an already pleasant morning. :-)

I have a bad mosquito bite right in the spot where most flip flop straps meet the base of the shoe. I-T-C-H-Y. Matt had the great idea to put some padding and a big bandage on it to keep things from rubbing it, to stabalize the skin so it doesn't wrinkle much as I walk, and so that I can't really scratch it. Thanks, Love! Hopefully, it'll heal soon.

I just instructed Judah to push on the legs of a chair to get it out from under the table where he wants to play. He scooted closer to the chair and put his leg on it and tried to push the chair with his leg. Kids are so literal!

Judah's conversation ability has gone through the roof lately! He speaks in sentences regularly, even using some pronouns and conjuctions (not that he knows what they are!). Often, he adds "uh" in the middle of words. Examples: "Yook-uh, Mommy. Go fass!" & "Shut-uh da door." Speaking of Judah, here is another Translation List:

yook: look
fass: fast
dinah-s-sore: dinosaur
seh-dert: dessert
goshee door: grocery store
dah-ter: helicopter
uh-swee: nursery
tun-ner: thunder
yee-ya: Lydia

Elijah is starting to stand by himself a little more. Yesterday he stood for about 15 seconds when Matt put him in the middle of the floor. He'll be there soon -- but I'm not pushin' it. He crawls fast enough as it is! He's so adorable...and he'll be ONE on Thursday! Weird!

Funny story. My mom showed me a Ty beanie baby on Amazon, and I raved about it! It was a light blue monkey like the brown one he has...or so I thought. When I opened the box, it was a light blue bear. I thought perhaps something had gone wrong in shipment or that my mom accidentally ordered a bear instead. Uh...no. Something went wrong with my vision. The picture I saw was indeed a blue bear, and for some reason I saw a monkey. :-P The bear is adorable, soft, and squishy -- 'Lijah will love it! And now it has a fun story behind it!

Alright, off to finishing my shopping list. Have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Ebay story! And the Lydia translation is too cute:)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dawn.. didn't you find out that your mom did order the bear on accident?

Powered By Blogger