Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wasting More Time

Ugh...so much to do, so little desire. :-P

After quite the loud dinner (as my Mom can attest to), Elijah grabbed the can of peas off the kitchen counter. It was open. I've never seen so many peas on a kitchen floor. Elijah tried to eat as many as he could as fast as he could while I desperately tried to get them all up. Then he crawled into the juicy area...THAT was funny to see. His hands and knees kept slipping like crazy. Totally a cartoon moment.

I think Judah can count now. I'm still trying to figure out if it's really counting or just memorization. But even if it is memorized, he definitely grasps the concept of counting.

As I fed Elijah his bottle in the glider, Judah had oodles of fun pretending to get me various drinks from his kitchen. This is the first time he has ever really pretended with cooking for me. I had coffee, tea, water, orange juice, lemonade, coffee with sugar, etc. It was delicious fun! I really think all that pretending and running to and fro was due to his inhaler. I could tell he was a little shaky with the nervous energy it can give a body -- boy do I know that feeling!

The boys are starting to really interact and play with each other. Judah loves to get Elijah to copy him with clapping or noise making. He also likes to get Elijah his blankie or milk. They have great fun together -- and I can only imagine the best buds they'll be later on!

Matt is going to be astounded at the changes in the boys. I think the biggest difference will be Judah's mental capacity. I've been with him 24/7 the past month and even I am AMAZED at his intellectual growth!

Alright, alright. I should get to bed. Gotta have energy to do the things that need to be done tomorrow. Now if only I could get some mental motivation... ;-P

*************Edit**************

So yeah. I've now posted a whole new photo album on Facebook, checked e-mail several times, semi-done the dishes, and am now going to mop the kitchen floor. It's too sticky from the pea juice. And I can't sleep. Wonder why. Too much anticipation of a hubby homecoming? ::enter way spastic smile::

I also wiped down a syrupy toy car and retrieved the waffle piece that was driving it. Such interesting surgeries we moms get to perform.

And I forgot to mention that today I wrote the final check that rids us of the dentist we had in Cali. GAH! And the check was final payment for one of Matt's appts that was over a year ago. We loved the office staff and ammenties, but the billing? Yikes. Now we get to start all over with finding a dentist here. We're past due for cleanings. I just hope we find someone who knows how to bill insurance companies correctly.

Ok, ok. I'm going to go mop now. And then lay in bed...awake. Until I fall asleep.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

oh I love this post! you are so funny "retrieved the waffle piece that was driving it" that cracked me up :D Did you finally sleep? I'm excited for you and praying for you and Matt. Do you think today will be the slowest day of the month?

Dawn said...

Mm hmm. And this morning I retrieved both driver and passenger made out of egg with ketchup hair. I guess I should probably not let him have that particular car at breakfast.

Today is actually movin' right along. I've been able to accomplish things that are starting to make a visible difference. My home is almost MY home again!

Anonymous said...

when you find a dentist you like, let me know. I haven't been in 3 years. Mine retired....

Powered By Blogger