Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Anticipate w/ Me

I need to unload some thoughts! It's been a while!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want a healthy semi-indulgent quick treat? Combine a little whipped topping with yogurt. It makes it fluffier, creamier, and more dessert like without adding too much!

This is what Matt said in today's e-mail: "You are going to LOVE the jewelry I found!! Let's just say I got two things in Athens and one is VERY goddessy and the other is cool. I can hardly keep from smiling as I think about how you'll react." He also was enthusiastic about the Florence piece of jewelry. I can't wait to see what he's chosen just for me! This has been such a fun thing to anticipate. I kind of feel like Rachel when Abraham's servant decked her out in jewelry -- only, I'm sure there'll be no nose ring for me. ;-)

I think I'm more allergic to Maryland than I am to Arkansas.

Ever feel like you're on the verge of drowning in your home? I've got several syndromes working against me: post-vacation, two sick kids, pre-hubby returning home from month-long vacation. I figure that I'll do my best tomorrow to get things back in order, but what I don't get done...Laura can help with Thursday evening. She's spending the night Thursday because Matt's train comes in at midnight. It's gonna be so fun! (By the way, you're helping with bath night...I'm gonna hold the boys over with wipie baths to avoid solitary bathtimes.) ;-)

I need to take pics of the backyard. I've never seen weeds that big. It makes me laugh! And our tomato plant has got to be about 3 times as big as it was when we left for AR. Perhaps Justin & Emily have amazing green thumbs? My bell pepper and sage are quite a big bigger too. When can I pronounce time of death for my yellow dahlias? The pink ones are still putting out blooms...but those yellow ones. Yeesh. My rose bush still has some black spot trouble. But it also has a gorgeous vibrant coral blossom on it!

I toyed with the idea of posting pics of my hand's healing progress, but I'm opting out unless I get comment requests. :-P If you recall, I cut the base of my thumb near the knuckle with a saran wrap box two weeks ago. It has healed QUITE nicely! I'm actually surprised at how quickly and beautifully it has healed considering the cut's depth, shape, and location. There is a part that is completely numb (which is not surprising), but it will regain feeling when the nerves grow back. I still have some joint pain and stiffness at times, but there is a nice patch of fresh pink skin ready to keep protecting my innards. :-P (Wish I could see Rachel's face right now...) God is amazing in how He created our bodies to heal themselves! I will, however, post a pic of my little jewelry display I had at the jewelry party I hosted two weeks ago. I labeled the pieces with the name of their country of origin. Can't wait to show you more this weekend!



So after trying out driving straight through or stopping overnight, I vote for driving straight through. It might be a little more tough on the body, but at least you get there faster. We stopped in Knoxville on our way back. Yesterday, our second day of driving, was SOOOO LONG. We ended up stuck in mostly stop/a little go traffic on the outskirts of DC in the pouring rain. Finally, we got off on the road to home. I realized that I hadn't contacted the couple that had my house keys -- and they had the only copy of the top lock key. Neither of their cell phones were on. They weren't home both times we checked. Eep! So we ended up at the Zeenders hanging out in the non-small group part of the house. They fed us delicious food, fed my kids, put on Cars, and gave good company. Justin & Emily were at small group, so we were able to get the keys after it was over. But, we forgot the groceries we had put in the Zeenders fridge. Thanks to John & Courtney for bringing them by at 11:00 pm! We seriously have good friends!

Pray for Patrick. I'm not sure what's happened, but there is a fungus or mold growing all over his soil. And this piece of Patrick is the only one i currently have. If he dies...well, it will have been a wonderful 8 years and 7 splits. Anyone have tips on how to save him???

Note to self: When charging up a portable DVD player, make sure it is in the off position. Otherwise, it will not charge properly; or it will play for a few hours before you realize it is on...and then die right when you want to start a movie. This I know from experience. I had one disappointed toddler in my backseat!

Vibrant double rainbows are absolutely majestic...but do not have pots of gold at the ends!

I had to take Judah to the doctor today. He and Elijah both came down with ear infections while in Arkansas (I'm sensing a pattern here). Judah was not improving and had developed quite a cough...which my mom helped me realize was really an asthma attack again. So, now I can stop waiting for that inevitable diagnosis. It's official as of today. Judah asked over and over this morning to go see "Dockter Yasser" -- perhaps he has learned already when he needs to? Dr. L changed his antibiotic for his ears because the one he was on wasn't working. He also prescribed another inhaler that will help control asthma in addition to the one Judah has that stops attacks. So he'll be on both of those until his cough goes away. We are also being sent to an allergist to determine what triggers his asthma. I'll be seeing the allergist, too, in order to get moving on finding the best treatment for me in this area of the country. Thank goodness for two things: we'll be here for a while Lord willing, and this allergist group sees both adults and children -- so we can have the same doctor for once! Pray for Judah that these new meds will work, and pray for Elijah to continue getting better. And pray for the rest of my family in AR -- several of them have become sick as well!


IN APPROX 50 HOURS, I WILL AGAIN BE IN THE PRESENCE OF MY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!


::dreamily:: Goodnight!

5 comments:

Indiana Mama said...

Poor Patrick. Dump the dirt and start. Put Patrick in some water just to get his rooting system strong again. Then after he perks up, put him in fresh dirt again in a clean planter. That should do the trick.

Indiana Mama said...

oh, being the kind of plant that patrick is, he can live in water for a very long time..... I have one in my office that has a full root system and gets bigger every day just in a glass of water. (no mold issues with water.)

Alicia said...

if Patrick does kick the perverbial flower pot, give it about a year and his "son" may be strong enough to be split again and sent to you. think of it as when Charlotte's little baby girl spider is there to comfort wilber after her mother's passing.

Kathie said...

when I read your last line I thought about how we (believers as a whole) need to be thinking that on a daily basis about being in the presence of LOVE itself. a bit convicting but also got me excited to think about being in the presence of the Lord. I'm praying the 50 hours go by quickly and for continued endurance for you, safty for Matt :) Can't wait for jewlry pics...oh btw, in the pic you posted you can't read the lables...well, they where blurry on my monitor.

Dawn said...

Ooo...thanks, IndianaMama! I'll do it in the morning!

Thanks, Alicia, for the assurance all is not lost even if Patrick is. But let's hope IndianaMama's trick works! I guess splitting Patrick was a great way to give him life insurance. :-P

Momma, the labels are blurry because it was taken with a cell phone camera. It's not your monitor -- that thing is awesome! :-)

Powered By Blogger