That's what I want right now, no doubt. Here's a few random bits o' life:
~I am discovering that I did not escape allergies in MD. Apparently, I will be blessed to have summer allergies rather than the spring set. Makes sense -- it stays cooler for a longer time here than it did in AR growing up. Itchy eyes, ears, nose. Runny, sneezy nose. Plugged up feeling in the head. Loads of fun!
~Today I did something I've never done: I trimmed a mature tree. There have been a couple branches that grew enough over the past few months to scrape against our bedroom windows when the wind blows. Some of the leaves are damaged because of it, and of course we don't want any house damage. We're expecting strong storms tomorrow, with possible damaging winds; so today I did what had to be done. I opened the top half of our windows (SO glad they can do that), stuck the hedge clippers out the windows while standing on the wide sills, and clipped away. It worked beautifully and was a lot less nerve wracking than I thought it would be. Wonder what it must have looked like from far away -- this pair of clippers sticking out a window with twigs falling to the ground. :-P
~Judah almost fell off of high playground equipment today. Praise God for His angels and for a son that miraculously first-time-obeyed my word to "STOP! Walk forward!" before he backed up too far. My heart still beats a little fast when I remember how close he was.
~Matt said French pasteries are delicious. He is having knee trouble, so pray for him! French countryside apparently looks like it does at the beginning of Ratatouille. If you begin a conversation with a Frenchperson, begin with a greeting and ask if they know Enligh -- in French. Everyone will say they know a little English, even if they are fluent. And if you don't ask in French, most of them won't speak to you in English or won't try very hard to converse with you. Ask in French, and they will be ever so friendly and helpful! French people are way more friendly than snobby English people. Just some observations Matt told me about. :-) Ah, what I would give to sit at a French cafe and have coffee and pastry with my Sweetheart!
~My neck and shoulder muscles are so incredibly stiff right now.
~I let Judah and Elijah play in just their diapers tonight. I noticed that Judah's legs are getting quite chunky (on a Judah-scale). Impending growth spurt anyone?
~Elijah tried chicken and broccoli for the first time today. Not much of a reaction to the chicken, but he did still have a piece in his mouth when we were at the playground. Guess it doesn't gum that well. He also enjoyed trying to eat the bark chips covering the playground. ::rolls eyes:: I kept finding pieces in his mouth even though I never caught him in the act. :-P The broccoli...didn't go over too well. He was sort of ok with it at first, but made it clear after a while that it was not to his liking. He kept beating the broccoli bits on his tray and whining while throwing his head to the side until I'd give him some potatoes or water. At one point, he made a hilarious "lemon" face after putting a tiny broccoli bit in his mouth.
~Banana muffins do turn out even if you don't have enough baking powder and you accidentally add too much milk and try to compensate with more flour. Matter of fact, I might have one right now.
~I've been asked to teach a home ec class to our church's homeschool students every other Tuesday this fall. Scary but exciting!
~One week from now, I will be jewelry partying with my two sisters and lots of friends!
~Three weeks and one day from now, I'll be preparing to welcome my hubby back into my arms!

2 comments:
1. have you tried Claritin-D? I hope you feel better soon!
2. Kudos for trimming the tree...don't you feel adventurous and accomplished? :)
3. I nearly had a panic attack at your description of Judah's near-accident.
4. Matt...France...BAH HUMBUG!!! (Emily is in France, you know)
5. I would give you a massage if you were here.
6. My kids love to play in their [sexy scooby doo] underwear. I think they feel free. Come to think of it...I do, too. :)
7. 'lemon face' - very descriptive
8. thanks for the tip on banana muffins ;) wish i could have one with my coffee right now
9. wow! i'm excited for you to teach a home ec class. you'd be a fantastic teacher, and it's always good to have a teacher who practices what they preach. also, i have found that teaching something to others is one of the best ways to learn...i think it would be a good opportunity for personal growth while helping other young ladies
10. gettin' SO VERY EXCITED to fly up there and see you, my nephews, your new home... :-D
11. Wow, time is flying (maybe not for you?) but I can't believe Matt has been gone almost 2 weeks already!
12. I love you!
I love these kinds of posts!! How cool that you will get to teach a home ec class to homeschoolers. Any ideas yet on how/what you are going to teach? I can't wait for you to get here, more than that I can't wait for Matt to be safe at home with his wife and boys :)
Post a Comment