Monday, June 16, 2008

BuBbLeRiFfiC

It is so lovely to be with people 24/7, and not just people -- family. I enjoyed being with my boys for three weeks, but the sense of relaxation and relief I've had the past several days is simply wonderful.

Yesterday was the first day in a while I changed a diaper due to my hand. (That's been nice, too!) It's healing up, but would probably do better if it's owner would continue treating it as a healing hand rather than a useful one. :-P The big bandage has come off, but steri-strips won't come off until Wednesday at the next "assessment." I'll probably be wearing the ace bandage off and on as well since that seems to be what reminds me not to overdo anything. Praise God I've still only had TWO days the whole time Matt's been gone that were close-to-unbearable emotionally. God's strength and provision of distractions is amazing! :-D

Judah has returned to his normal self for the most part rather than the overly hyper very disobedient boy he had become since Matt left. His convesation ability fascinates me! Elijah seems to be a little older every day -- and his temper a little more developed. Makes me sad because he is just SO cute at this stage! Matt has no idea the changes that await him!

Matt is doing great though tired. As we all woke up this morning, he was galavanting around Rome. ROME! I told him yesterday that all the places he's been have been cool to me, but I think his Italy week is the one part of the trip I "envy" most. Real Itlaian food. Places where Paul walked. The center of the world at one point in history. A lot of people's "if I could go just one place..." Beyond cool! Anyway, today marks the beginning of the last full week until he is home. So unbelievable! Looking back, it seems like such a short time apart; and yet I know for two hearts knit as one, it has been a very long time. I still can't imagine what it must be like for soldier families.

A little Oreo fest with my mom's grandkids. What a sight -- all five at the same table! I can't wait to add more to the group (and no, I'm not implying anything). :-D





Here are some pictures from a fun after dinner activity yesterday. My mom and Hope are great photographers -- and Hope snapped some awesome shots with her new skills from photography class! And I still can't get over how beautiful, green, and lush my parents yard is!!!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Looks like you're really enjoying your time there...

Powered By Blogger