In order to save time, this is what I e-mailed back to GBC for our update. I'll post pictures of graduation, flight, and random at a later time!
We are settling in mentally and emotionally here, praise the Lord. Physically though...it's HOT and MUGGY. But at least we have AC here. We've noticed a heat wave occuring in Salinas, so we are not really sad to be vacated from there since AC doesn't exist. ;-) The trees are starting to change color -- I'm starting to be excited that we are in a place that has real seasons again. Chocolatechip pumpkin bread tastes so much better when it really feels like fall! And our mall has palm trees inside. Kind of odd, but nice to see and remember California.
We're getting the feeling even from locals that getting lost in Columbia is very easy to do. Probably because you have to get on highways and interstates to go anywhere! And I gotta say not being able to walk to Target or Safeway on a whim is going to take some getting used to!
We went to Chesapeake Bay to visit my extended family last Sunday, and I received my first two mosquito bites in years (less than 24 hours after arriving in MD). Yes, I'm still allergic. I had hoped pregnancy had changed my body chemistry enough. Oh well. I guess Skin-so-Soft and Cortizone will be my friends from here on out. Matt fits in well with my family. My grandmother has 8 sisters and 1 brother -- and they are all that loud-crazy-fun personality. It was strange to be there with a husband and two kids when the last time they saw me I was 14. But my Great Aunt Terri said it was even more weird for them to see ME all grown up. The Bay is beautiful with all it's sailboat glory, but not nearly as beautifully blue as Monterey Bay. Today we are going to Annaopolis to have lunch with my great grandparents and whoever else can come. I love Annapolis! I can't wait to start showing Matt around this area...I still am in happy unbelief that I live here close to one of my favorite cities (WDC) and where my family originates from.
Here is a quick prayer update on how things are going.
-Judah's fever has subsided and he is back to his normal self, though tired and maybe developing a cough. Please pray for continued healing and praise the Lord that there seemed to be no issue with the time change for him.
-It has been a pleasure to have my parents and grandparents with us all week. I dare say I've become spoiled at not having to change every diaper, entertain Judah's every whine, or burp Elijah at every feeding. Praise God for their generous help in painting our apartment and building a new entertainment center. Pray for safe travel home to Arkansas this weekend.
-It turns out that our stuff arrived here before we did and was placed in storage. The company DID try to get ahold of us...with a completely wrong number. So now our stuff is to be delivered on Monday -- after our help has gone home. Monday also happens to be Matt's first day of work. Please pray that our prospective church here will be able to provide someone to help me with the kids. I'm not sure how directing movers and caring for two kids would work by myself!
-Pray for Matt's first day of work!

No comments:
Post a Comment