Friday, September 14, 2007

Post-Breakdown Staccato Post

I had a breakdown yesterday afternoon. Dr. Ennis always reassured me it is ok to cry and that tears have healing properties. I still believe her. I'm fine now. And my mom said that I kind of deserve a breakdown with all that's going on. That was nice to hear. :-)

Matt has commenced painting our apartment back. Our room is done we think -- the sunshine tomorrow morning will let us know for sure. Then he'll do the living room. It's amazing how crazy WHITE it is. How do people live without color??? I can't imagine our big dark bedroom furniture against stark white walls. ::shiver:: As I've always said, I'm a woman of cul-uh!

Tomorrow night is our Farewell Party with our Family here (the people of GBC). From the amount of people that have mentioned it to me, I think we will be very surprised at how many people come! Yipee!

I am plauged by Transformers and Cars -- I can't look at semi-trucks without thinking of Optimus Prime or Mac. If you haven't seen Transformers, get your fanny to the theatre because it's awesome (save for some inuendo)!

Elijah is outgrowing even the 3 month stuff I kept with us. Hope everything holds out until the 24th! I bought him an adorable outfit tonight (on sale) that he'll wear to meet Gramps because of what it says. ;-)

The dark denim dye did come out of our borrowed towels. The only thing really affected was a burp rag that was in there. If you could have a "dark white" color, this is it. I have no idea what other color to call it. It's weird.

I got my last hair cut by Monicca today. She's been so caring of me and my hair. She even offered advice on how to find a new stylist, gave me some websites to look at, and some samples of shamp/cond that would be good to use in the humid climate. I will miss her dearly.

I killed a mosquito in our kitchen this morning. That is the FIRST one I have seen in all our two years here. And on the way to Hollister, I had a very close encounter with a gi-normous dirt devil. It was seriously hundreds of feet in the air and the base filled a house's front yard. Mosquito and mini-tornado. Easing me back into seasonal life, eh?

I love my sons. They are truly handsome and adorable.



I love my huzby. He is a great provider, workhorse, and boyfriend.

I love my bed. And it's on a truck somewhere crossing the country.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Sorry to hear you had a breakdown. I think it is a girl's porogative to have one -- especially during a stressful move (not to mention with two small children, etc.) My worst moments have been when we are surrounded by boxes and chaos. Its embarassing. Isn't there something kind of fun and adventuresome about not having all of your stuff, I mean not forever, but just for a week or two? It makes you realize just how little you could live with, and just how thankful you are for all the stuff you have!! Its like Christmas when you get to see your things again.

Anonymous said...

With those glasses on, I think Elijah looks just like Matt...

Anonymous said...

I had a breakdown when we were getting ready to move from Cali to GA...and now I've decided (Lord willing, of course) I'm never moving again - never! :) You're a trouper because this isn't your first time hauling across the country - I'm quite impressed! I love you and will keep all four of you in my prayers!

Autumn said...

Hey sis! How you holdin' up?

Powered By Blogger