Friday, July 01, 2011

T.G.I.F.

My aunt and uncle were here visiting this past week. It seemed that Mandy's short comments to Elijah would produce adorable responses. One morning at breakfast, something happened that made Mandy say "Mommys are smart!" Without a beat, Elijah said, "And beautiful!" Later, we said something about my mom, and Mandy commented, "Nini is the best!" Again, without a beat, Elijah said, "And the cutest!" :-)

At dinner one night, we were talking about what we wanted to do that evening with my aunt and uncle. Judah repeatedly brought up the "Fish Mall," the mall near us that has a huge Bass Pro Shop containing a big aquarium of catfish, etc. Over and over and OVER the boy kept asking if we could go there. Matt finally turned to Judah and made a box motion with his hands: "Judah, this is a box. We're going to put the Fish Mall in a box and not talk about it anymore." We moved on to several other conversations. Then out of the blue, Judah turned to Matt. "Daddy, let's pretend the Fish Mall is in a box. And then we open the box." I think all of our jaws hit the table and then we gufawed in laughter! Smart kid. Or is that smart aleck kid? (We did end up visiting the Fish Mall!)

1 comment:

besnini said...

I'm the cutest :) I knew I loved that boy. I think Judah is tooooo smart!! did you go the fish mall that night?

Powered By Blogger