Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tippy Tuesday: Life Saver... literally.

Each minute we spend is life right? Well, thanks to my sweet friend, I now have many minutes of life saved for other things!!!

She came over a couple weeks ago to do some cleaning because my back was ka-put. One of her generous ideas was to let me borrow her Swiffer Vac until my back feels better because, let's face it, sweeping with a broom does involve the back quite a bit.

Oh. my. HEAVENS!

The Swiffer Vac has done two amazing things for me:

1) DRASTICALLY cut down on time spent sweeping my downstairs. There is no carpet in any room, so dirt and debris adds up faster than my daughter bites a cookie. If I use the broom to sweep my downstairs, it can take about a half hour. Swiffer Vac = 5 minutes MAX. That's not to say I will never use a broom again. As my friend noted, it won't get every last bit a broom can. But that's not what bothers me. It's the bigger bits you can feel and see, not the dust particles. (A good broom sweep and mop every week or two should suffice.)

2) DRASTICALLY cut down on the annoyance I get with my hard floors. Don't get me wrong. I love having hard floors downstairs! But uuuuuugh... I can't believe how jaded we are into thinking vacuuming our carpets gets them clean. If you saw what piles up daily on my hard floors.... But with the Swiffer Vac, I can pop that puppy out after EVERY meal without dreading the chore and have non-crunchy floors in a couple minutes.

BONUS: I finally found what I've been looking for -- the little simple swiffer cloths my mom used to give me to dust our home. Guess which 5 and 4 year olds are about to take over the dusting chore...

So today's tip if you have sizable hard floors in your home: BUY A SWIFFER VAC!

I gotta get me a coupon so my sweet friend can have hers back... ;-)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger