Thursday, June 30, 2011

T.O.P.S.

No, we don't eat eyeballs for Christmas.

Well, there seems to have been a lag in Things Only Parents Say... because I haven't had to say very many odd things recently. :-) So to extend today's post, I will give a small update on Eden as well as an exciting venture I wish to undertake.

Eden... Oh my, how cute she is! She's 14 months now. Walk instead of crawls. Loves to climb into little chairs and up the stairs. Lights up at the sight of her brothers. Squeals both in delight and anger. Can cop quite the attitude or throw quite the tantrum (can we say GIRL?). She knows where her eyes and teeth are. Loves doggies. She LOVES her Da-da. Her first discernable babble-words are "uh-oh," "dah-doo" (thank you), and I think "dah-dee" (doggie). She has a great capacity for facial expression that can melt you or make you roll on the floor laughing. And probably the latest skill mastery that has kind of shocked us is that she can mostly feed herself. Just this morning, she had a bowl of oatmeal with VERY little assistance. She does such a great job!! It's nice to see that I'll soon get to eat my own food without doing the "bite for you, bite for me" method. But it also feels too early to say goodbye to that stage! She's just over one! ::sigh:: I love my baby girl. Thank you, Lord, for doing YOUR will and not mine. I always said I never really wanted a girl. He knows best!

As for this new venture... For a long time, I've always wanted to impact teen girls in the area of purity. If there was any reason I ever wanted to be involved in a youth group somewhere, it was that reason. Well, that hasn't really worked out due to moving so much and now to current life stage. But I had an inspiration this last week and realized on Sunday -- I should write a book. If I can't be directly involved en mass with youth girls right now, maybe I can work on putting down on paper what I want to invest in their lives. So, here's the working title:

The Virgin Heart

I know. Kinda makes me nervous to use such a blunt word. But it catches you, doesn't it? There are lots of great books out there on sexual purity, and that is a passion of mine as well. But, praise be to God, I did not have a huge struggle staying pure sexually for my future husband. The area I struggled in was purity of heart -- maintaining a Virgin Heart. It is completely possible to give your heart away, whether you intend to or not, without even being touched by a guy. For this book, I would like to infuse Scripture and the principles we can draw from it concerning purity of heart with the four foundational stories of my Heart's life. Two are guys I gave my heart to, one intentional and one non-intentional. One is a guy that forever holds my heart and body (Love you, Hun!). And the last is the One who eternally holds my heart and soul and deserves all glory for what I've learned from these relationships. Please pray for me to have wisdom as I try to write this book. I hope it comes together and is not another one of those "oo, that's a good idea" that fizzles out. Might take a while since I do have lots of other responsibilities. And if it never gets out there, then the Lord had it as an exercise in my meditating on His wonderful creation of our hearts and giving us the capacity to love Him and others.

1 comment:

besnini said...

~glad you don't eat eyeballs for Christmas
~So so glad God does His will and doesn't cave to our. Eden is a precious gift.
~I will pray for you in this new venture. I wish I could be there to help with your responsibilities so you have time to write. I think this is a book that should be and needs to be written. Go for it!!!

Powered By Blogger