I have lots of pictures to post and no time...yet. Several are from my phone, too. After we return our computer to normal working order (after getting rid of irritable Vista and going back to XP), hopefully I'll get all the pics in one place -- here!
Elijah is having an explosion in social interaction skills. He's quite the little ham, loves to be chased, and is starting to communicate more. He now uses the sign for "please" at any time rather than just meal time. He even did it in Target the other day when he wanted to hold something. He knows how to take you by the hand and show you where he wants you to go. He speaks "all done" to tell you he is really finished with his food -- a blessing I've been waiting for! Elijah is also becoming a little helper. Yesterday, he helped me shut two doors. Today, he helped me put a load of clothes in the washer and shut the washer door.
Judah's new favorite thing is to call things "naked." One of the cutest things he says (repeating Momma and Daddy of course) is "Cum ear nakeh boy!" in a sing song fashion. But today, I heard him saying "Hi, naked trees...hi naked bunny rabbit..." while looking out the back door. Oh dear. :-P Judah is such a big helper when he wants to be. He's even started helping with Elijah on occasion (hat, jacket). He also is wanting to do more things "by myself." He tries to put his socks on, and he succeeds most of the time in putting his shoes on (even if they are sometimes on the wrong feet). He's very good at taking off his jacket and the top part of his pajamas. And he's an excellent tooth brusher!
My new favorite thing about myself is this weird new-found energy I seem to have lately. I have no idea where it's coming from, but I like it! Perhaps part of it could be the few days of freedom each week when Nathan takes Matt to work thereby leaving me the car to go do errands or take the boys to play with the Thomas the Train set at Barnes & Noble. Sure makes the need to stay home and work on the house a fun need rather than a monotonous one. Perhaps another part is the excellent sermon series our pastor is doing on I Corinthians 13. Such a well-known passage and taught on alot, but really...it is worthy of all the attention it gets. I want to paint it on a wall in my home someday. To have a Biblical description of love before your eyes daily really puts perspective on how you should behave towards your family which then extends to your behavior to others.
Matt's new favorite thing is getting better and better at playing guitar. When his parents were here last week, he and his dad played their guitars together. Tony showed Matt the simple technique of just listening to a song over and over (and over) with the chords in front of you so you can pluck along until you get the right chords and rhythm. I love having a hubby who plays the acoustic. The sound of that instrument just relaxes my whole being.
I suppose I could have waited to post this tiny tidbit update until AFTER the boys pending check-up this afternoon. Can't wait to see what percentiles Elijah is in for height and weight! Until then....have a beautiful fall day!

1 comment:
I love these kinds of posts, even though I usually already know most of the stuff. I didn't know Matt and Tony played their guitars together when T & B were there. That is sweet. I'm like you, the sound of the acostic guitar relaxes me completely. Matt will have to give a concert for us :) Only 14 days :D
Post a Comment