Thursday, October 09, 2008

Smells Like Chocolate

Has any other parent out there secretly put something in their mouth and then tried to hide chewing from their children...because children inevitably want what you are eating? Well, I decided to indulge a little in some khocolate tonight. I popped a little piece in my mouth, then sat down with the boys to watch some Little Einstien. I noticed Judah got a funny look on his face and started looking around. Then he started sniffing. He looked at me and asked, "Chocolate?" ::sniff sniff while searching around:: He never did figure out where the smell was coming from. It's moments like those that make me realize you can't stop a kid from getting smarter. I had no idea he could smell something and then name what it was. I bet I won't be able to fool him much longer! And I wonder how many other smells he'd be able to recognize. I think he knows when I'm cooking dinner, but maybe not specifically what it is. He'd probably recognize muffins or biscuits. He likes those! ;-)

2 comments:

besnini said...

Oh, didn't I teach you to share your khocolate with my grandchildren??? I have fallen down in my Nini duties. You should always share your khocolate with the children :D Won't be long before he figures you out...he is too smart and apparently has a really good nose on him too.

Autumn said...

I sooo feel you on this one! I think my kids can smell it from a mile away. If they smell it they just go ahead and ask for some. If you can't share out of the goodness of your heart, you can try thinking of the fat/calories it'll save you to SHARE. But even that doesn't often work for me. ;)

Powered By Blogger