Apparently I failed to mention to quite a few people that we now have a sweet little guest in our home Monday through Thursday. She's a two year old little girl named Lakota whose family attends our church. Her mom searched for someone who had the same beliefs, playmates for Lakota, was availalbe throughout the week, etc. And the search ended with me! :-) On our part, it is going to help us save even more for that someday-house. Isn't it wonderful how the Body of Christ works? We all have something someone else needs!
Tip: If you have multiple young kids and the same sippie cups for all, here is a cheap 'n easy way to label them without ruining the cup. You know those rubber bands that come with asparagus? Or any thick rubber band, really. Put it on the cup, write the name on the rubber band with a sharpie, and there ya go! A reusable cup label for each kid. I love epiphones.
ELIJAH ~ 7 MONTHS
Oh, what a cutie! Happy, vibrant, capable of mood extremes, at the climax of teething (bottom front two teeth), still on antibiotics to help keep good looking ears, has a very defined face shape his Momma loves (see last face pic), is ooshy-gooshy kissably soft, sitting very well, push-ups and knee-rocking, LOVES his big brother, wears some of big brother's clothes, wears the same size diapers as big brother, has reflux that we are trying natural remedies for, and makes all the ladies young and old swoon!
JUDAH ~ 2 YEARS
I'll post pics of him and his birthday party after I get them all from others who snapped shots!
Judah is such a j-o-y. He's Momma's little buddy. Favorite activities include playing naptime with me and hopping all over our big bed, painting and coloring, watching Barney and Ratatouille, cookin' up a storm in his kitchen, bouncing balls and rolling cars all over the kitchen floor, riding in the car, shopping, and getting outside as much as is possible (which will increase as the weather changes). He loves climbing into Elijah's crib with him if I forget to put the rail up (I have video to post someday). He loves kicking the wall through his crib slats...which his parents do not enjoy. He's tinkled in his potty chair twice, but doesn't seem very interested yet. Favorite foods include yogurt, banana, fruity cheerios, goldfish, cheese, garlic bread, pasta stars/ravioli (Gerber grad meals), pizza, anything rolled in a tortilla, ketchup, and dessert(s). Do I sense a breakfast and Italian theme? Just like his Momma! He helps with throwing things away, turning on the washer/dryer, shutting the dishwasher, and sometimes entertains Elijah. Just for fun, here is a translation list of some things he says in case you were to talk to him right now:
Milp: milk
Juice: juice
Wah-er: water
Puck: cup
Gwink: drink
Gogur: yogurt
Tose: toast
Jeh-ee: Jelly
Nana: banana
A-too-ee: Ratatouille
Mah-ner: Mater (as in Tow Mater)
Boy-eee: Larry Boy
Boo-COOS: Blue's Clues
Chutch: truck
Car: car
Pah-ts: pants
Shut: shirt
Shoos: shoes
Chutch: church
Store: store
Tah-sh: trash
Ba-tiiiii-ee (said with a squeal): bathtime
Spah-sh: splash
Noy: noise
Sow: sound
A-bee: Huckabee
Oh-BA-MA: Obama
King-kin: Clinton
Cain: McCain
Ah-see-you: I see you (too cute!)
Heh-wo: Hello (taken from a Blue's Clues episode of sock puppets)
Wuh-you: Love you
Buh-bye: bye-bye
And my personal favorite... Bwa-tee: blankie. It totally sounds French when he says it. The songs he "sings" are the Hairbrush Song and Clean-up Clean-up. No one else would know what he was doing save for his parents. ;-) He does the motions to Head-Shoulders-Knees-Toes and the Blue's Clues theme song.
I gotta say, if it weren't for the crazy age-closeness that would be the result, it'd be so fun to have another baby! I totally get the "baby disease" -- people who have babies constantly. Matt says they get all happy and fun to trick you into having another so you'll perpetually have that baby-cuteness around -- the key is that they make you forget about the first two months of sleep deprivation and sanity struggle. :-P

2 comments:
Great post!!! It makes me long to be there...which I know I will be but not soon enough :) I really hope the weather is really pretty while we are there so we can do some outside stuff...like a picnic :) Let that Judah-man out and get some sunshine...'Lijah too but he doesn't understand as much a J-man yet. I love the pic of 'Lijah, especially....well, all of them. 28 days
wish I could be there, too! I am still so in love with E-man. :)
Post a Comment