Yesterday, Judah heard the trash truck (tah-s chuh-ch); and I told him to go watch it out the window. I stayed in the kitchen doing dishes, but I heard him knocking on the window. I heard the truck start driving away, and Judah said "Thank you, bye-bye!" several times. I love to hear him be polite. I can only hope that he will grow up appreciating the people who do jobs for the rest of us that we never even think about.
Last night, during their bath, the boys were having a grand old time! It is so nice that Elijah sits well -- makes for less back-braking baths. Half-way through the bath, Judah got a cup of water and dumped it on Elijah's head. We didn't make a big deal of because brothers need to be brothers. But then we found out why Judah did it. He went straight for their soap bottle and got a little dollop out...and started rubbing Elijah's hair. Judah was helping wash Elijah. Those are the moments I hope to never forget!
Today, I changed Judah's diaper in the living room because Elijah is asleep. He likes to run away when he can, just for fun. So I let him. Then we counted to three, and he ran all the way back to me and just about knocked me over. We played this game several times. I just soaked it all up, knowing that when he's 16, he won't be running on little legs in just a diaper into my outstretched arms with squeals of delight. I still hope he'll give me big bear hugs when he's too cool for this game!

3 comments:
I read your post with tears in my eyes. They grow up so fast. Cherish every moment. All too soon, they are in college and not huggy anymore!!!!
what a great post! I bet Judah will give you hugs when he is a big boy too. How sweet of Judah to wash 'Lijah's hair :)
How old is Judah now??? I need hope that DS (16 months) will someday be safe around DD! :) So cute though... he has started giving kisses to her. Scares me to death when he leans in with mouth wide open to "kiss" her nose! We are working on only kissing on the forehead. :)
Post a Comment