I think I've just coined a new disease. You only contract it if you live in California for an extended period.
Especially Central Coast California. It incubates until several months after moving elsewhere. Symptoms begin to manifest when the weather in your new area resembles that which you experienced back in California. Potent memories of ocean breezes, sunny days at Carmel, walks to the park, and the beautiful countryside may cause your eyes to tear. Your heart may even slightly ache and your throat close up as you long to be in that place, your California, once again.
Nevertheless, we are here. Here where we see snow, rain, 0
ppressive heat, and fall colors. It's a very hard toss up between the two climates. I think I will forever go between loving one and disliking the other.
Judah had fun exploring nature. He found a stick and some acorns and showed them to his little brother. We spent close to a whole hour outside. The fresh air and sunshine do wonders for the body and soul! God knew...that's why He made things the way they are!



Who would NOT want little boys? 'Cause I sure love mine!
7 comments:
yeah, I totally understand the sentimental feelings towards another place you have grown to love, but had to leave. The times I dislike living in So. Cal the most is fall and Christmas. It makes me so sad to live here, and I long for home. I would say that fall colors is worth the move right there! Enjoy your spring weather and your boys! P.S. did you check out our blog lately...big news!!
"Californosis"!? What a word, I hope I don't have to come down with it anytime soon! Dawn, loved this post! Your sweet boys are getting so big. I totally understand missing the Bay Area, it is so beautiful. I even miss it and I only just live in Southern California.
California misses you too!
I love reading your blog and keeping up with your precious family!
When you have a minute, could you e-mail me your current address, e-mail, and phone? I'm working at Master's now, and I'm in the process of updating our alumni database! My e-mail is pmeredith@masters.edu.
Thanks, Dawn!
Well, Keath and Sara are about to have their THIRD girl. So, no boy love there.
OOHH how I love these pics, especially the last two. Five weeks from today (tuesday) and I will have them (and you and Matt) in my arms :) I can't wait!!!
Now, I can't imagine living anywhere else! We're so spoiled in the bay area (besides the traffic and never ending earthquake potential).
"who would not want little boys?" ME!!! :-s I can't imagine having boys!!! It's quite "mysterious" to me and it actually scares me to think of it. What do you do with them? I hear they are super easy. I LOVE girls and can't imagine NOT having one or several. I hope our next is a girl, but if it's a boy, I think I will be stunned and seriously not know what to do with it!!!
Sorry, dear, but you have been tagged by me.
Post a Comment