Friday, March 03, 2006

What'd the Doc Say and Getaway Day

Boy, the appointment yesterday went fast! We were all surprised at how quickly I returned to the waiting room. BP was 119/76, still good. Gained one pound, don't care anymore. Still 1-2 cm dilated, 40% effaced so no change there. Dr. G stripped my membranes again, pretty good this time. However, I've had less cramping than I did last week when he did it. When will this kid come? :-P

Well, I can tell you all this. Dr. G said that if I have not had the baby by my appt next Thursday, he will schedule an induction for Saturday morning. He has the philosophy of "Induce in the morning and be home by dinner." (HE will be home by dinner, not the mom and baby.) He said average length of time for his inductions is 8-12 hours...so Judah WILL BE HERE by next Sunday. Weird but awesome, huh? Toe tingling excitement with spastic nerves at the same time!

This is all making it difficult for a current decision to be made by tonight. Does Autumn leave tomorrow as planned or does she reschedule her flight? It was Andy's idea for her to stay longer. But choosing a day based on when a baby is to be born is HARD...because only God knows! :-) She could leave next Sunday and I might have Judah on Monday, which keeps her from her family longer than necessary. She could leave tomorrow, and I could have Judah on Monday...and she misses it! Pray for wisdom with this decision!

My belly is certainly stretched to the max! Matt poked it with a writing pen last night, not hard, but it HURT because the skin is so taught. Judah's movements have definitely slowed down, praise the Lord, so not much rib-kicking is going on. Matt does miss being able to feel him move, but in about a week (or less) he'll be holding his son, feeling him DIRECTLY! :-)

Pray for me. The confidence, strength, excitement, and peace I have had the past week started to diminish a little yesterday. Perhaps it is because I am quite tired, or perhaps it is because we as humans are certainly subject to enemy attacks on our reliance on God. I don't want it to diminish. Maybe a nap and a long bath will help me relax and be refreshed.

And why might I be tired? Oh my WORD did God give Autumn and I a most SPLENDIFEROUS day on Wednesday. We went to Monterey with Matt, and while he was at school we spent a couple hours at the beach and a couple hours perusing Cannery Row (with a Starbucks stop of course). God could not have given us a more PERFECT weather day to do all that. And I've got to say, there's nothing like spending time on a gorgeous beach with your older sister who is also one of your greatest friends while both of you soak in creation, Scripture, good books, and a casual lunch. Shopping was fun, too. She actually found little notebooks with HER name and Hailey's name (spelled correctly) on them. A rarity! When we picked up Matt from school, we went back to Cannery Row to see a rocky shoreline I wanted Autumn to get pictures of. Usually you can see otters playing in the water. So when we walked up to the fence, I said, "Look for otters!" and Matt was making otter/seal sounds. Ok, it took us a second to realize the shore was PLASTERED with sun-bathing otters! It was awesome! The whole day was a perfect "last getaway day." I could not have asked for anything more! Enjoy the photos! Autumn is a great photographer!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like Paul said, you look like you're gonna pop! It's still amazing to him that a girl he knew in high school is gonna be a mom soon...

As far as timing the flights, did I tell you this happened when my mom was pregnant with me? My grandmother flew in from, like, England or something and stayed up until my due date of June 28. That day came and went, my grandmother left, thinking I still had a couple weeks. Well, grandma left on July 3 and Mom went into labor July 4.

I hope that doesn't happen to you! Cute pictures. Talk to you soon (I hope.)

Crystal said...

Hi Spanish Morning! Friend of Autumn's from church here. Nice pics! I used to live on the Oregon coast and boy do I miss it. I will pray that Autumn does not miss your little bundle of joy coming into the world. How exciting!

Jaclyn said...

I will be IN those pictures, Lord willing, in three months! Woohooo! I am praying for you!

Powered By Blogger