Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Most Likely the Final Update

Well, we took a tripsy to the doctor today because I thought perhaps my water had broken in the middle of the night last night. For those who are less educated, your water can break in two ways producing either the dramatized gush or a small steady trickle. I thought I had the trickle.

Oh, yes, about the castor oil. I did indeed to a 2 oz dose yesterday blended up into an orange juice slush. I did produce my first "contractions" though they were painless. It was nice to FINALLY understand what it will feel like...the WHOLE belly tightening up by itself. I'll enjoy them until the pain comes. It means things are progressing.

Back to the doctor's appt. Things have indeed progressed. It was not my water that had broken, just a normal part of a different aspect of the beginnings of labor. I am now 2-3 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I will not be seeing him tomorrow because it would be pointless. I LOST a pound, which Autumn says is also a sign of impending labor. I count it a blessed piece of news because now I for sure will not hit the number I didn't want to! BP was 120/70 which is still good.

Dr. G told me about the basic process of induction that will happen on Saturday if Judah decides to wait until the last possible moment. Gel to induce contractions. If that doesn't work well enough, he'll break my water 2-3 hours later. If that doesn't work well, then he will start pitocin (the induction drug). But we can all still pray that it starts naturally before then. Tomorrow morning I will consider doing a second dose of castor oil seeing as how it is most likely what made me dilate a little more. The more I'm dilated the "easier" induction will be because I will not have as far to go.

I'll be going in to the hospital between 7:30 and 8:00 and assuming all things go normally, Dr. G said that I will either be around 9-10 cm or pushing Judah out by around 5:00 pm. Of course, he guarantees nothing because every woman and delivery is different. But that is his guesstimation.

Exciting times! Nonie and Momma should be walking through the door any second now. It will be so nice to see them...and have Papa Johns and watch Lost. I've been counting down the days (with Autumn) for Papa Johns! A TREAT to be sure!

9 comments:

Autumn said...

exciting times! I am so excited to hold little Judah in my arms and be an Aunt for the first time! I have been daydreaming today about what he will look like. :) happy thoughts!

Paul said...

Tell Matt to set up a laptop that you can use during the actual labor and delivery.

Just think! Live birth blogging! We'll make billions!

We're so excited for you!

Susan said...

Will pray that you can do it without the induction....and that little Judah makes his appearance sooner rather than later.

Jaclyn said...

YAY!!! I am sooo excited and I wish I could be there with all the action! I think you need to have him today... March 9. My Adoption Day! Can't wait to hear my phone ring... it is traveling everywhere with me! I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my phone if fully charged and by mt side...I do NOT want to miss this call! I can't believe we're down to THE weekend! We pray Judah comes smoothly and without induction.

Let's see...5:00pm your time is 7:00 our time...can't plan on being at a play or movie then!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Judah's birth!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to meet the little one... Wow, how time does fly... I remember sitting on your couch and talking about future first babies. Do you remember? Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

OK, I know you're tired and all...so I'll be patient, but I really can't wait to hear from you! And to see more pictures of Judah.

Powered By Blogger