Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mumbo Jumbo



This will be a multi-faceted post! And there are more pics at the end. :-)

::EDIT:: 2.5 weeks (not 3.5! thanks for the excuse of being tired, Autumn!). He's getting chubbier still and I can tell he is longer! He is more precious to us with each passing day. Now that Matt has started his third quarter, though, it makes the days hard. Especially Tuesday and Thursday when Matt is gone from 6 am to 4 pm. I liked last week when we were together as a family all day every day. I praise God for that opportunity...it eased me into being home alone as a mom for the first time. Nursing is becoming more and more established which I am grateful for. I can tell people are praying...I didn't get impatient or frustrated at all last night. I think aside from the prayers, going to bed at 8:30 helped.

Poor Little Bit...he's got his first breakout of life. He was bound to because 1) He's a baby and 2) He's got Matt and I for parents. We both had issues with acne, so Judah didn't have a chance. I know it'll go away though -- and of course he's still adorable. Also, today was the first time he bled! Silly kid scratched his own nose. I actually had to keep pressure on it for a couple minutes to get it to stop. AND...he's napping right now in his crib rather than the bassinet (or floor, bouncy seat, our bed...) He's so cute. I've actually thought a couple times lately about maybe seeing what it would be like for him to sleep in his crib at night after we get the glider in there. Someone recommended it so that we won't hear every little sound from him and sleep better (but of course we'd use the nursery monitor). Any opinions?

Had my two week check up last Friday. My BP is down to 102/66 which is great. And...I've lost 22 pounds so far! Again, I'm shocked at how fast my body is returning to normal. Only 9 pounds to go until I reach pre-pregnancy weight...and hopefully won't stop there!

Storm's movin' in. The wind is ferocious! Wonder what it's like on the coast where Matt is...on his LONG day. He left at 6 this morning. I think I already mentioned that. But it's been such a slow day without him.

So have you heard about this new immigration bill? It will allow immigrants who arrived before 2004 to stay for a while to work after paying a $1000 fine and having a background check. It will put 700 more miles of fencing on the border as well as double the patrol. It will even provide for guest worker permits so immigrants can LEGALLY come and work. I think it's a good thing. But MANY do not...many who are directly affected by it because they either are or are part of a family that has illegal immigrants. Jaclyn and I have pondered this. We as Christians are to welcome aliens and strangers but it is also good to protect our country. Even God protected Israel's borders while telling them to welcome the alien. Where can the line be drawn? I came up with the analogy of a kid and a cookie jar to explain how I feel about it. Cookie jars are usually off limits in houses with children unless permission is given. If a child gets a cookie without asking, it is disobedience and stealing. They are not his cookies to do with as he pleases. The cookies are a privilege and a treat. Consequences come after he takes the cookie. But if he had only asked his mom, she would have happily let him have a delicious cookie. There is nothing wrong with him eating a cookie -- it all has to do with how he obtains the cookie. Make sense?

Don't you just love the silhouetted Eskimo kiss picture. ::sigh:: God has blessed me so much. I didn't know I could love Matt so much more in just a few weeks -- I thought it would grow stronger over the years. Have a kid. It'll bring ya closer if your priorities stay right! And of course there's enough love left over for the other man in my life. Because God is Who He is...it is too good but it is true!

8 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Autumn said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely ADORE HIM!!!!!!! He has changed so much already... has it really been 3.5 weeks?!? Isn't it amazing to think that in all his growth, it's YOUR body that has sustained and nourished him?

Dawn, he is SO CUTE! I do not hand that comment out liberally with newborns. He is SO CUTE!!!!! In fact, he is JUST AS CUTE as my kids! hee hee :)

Anonymous said...

OK, he is gorgeous. I am like Autumn where I don't just pass that out regarding newborns!
About the crib thing, put him in there whenever you are comfortable. But probably the sooner the better so you can get some sleep. Although, you probably won't the first few nights because you will be staying awake waiting for him to make a sound in case you miss it. At least that is what I did! :) God con't to bless your sweet little family. love you, Janet

Autumn said...

um, Dawn? Judah was born 19 days ago...

that's TWO and a half weeks

you are tired :)

Kathie said...

Thank you Autumn. I knew I hadn't been home that long. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures, it's the only way we see Judah.

I heard about that storm...I'm guessing everything is OK?

Have fun staying home with the baby all day, we're praying for you!

Dawn said...

Ha! Thanks for the compliments, Autumn and Janet. Matt and I also think he is just adorable, but we thought perhaps we were biased. But really...I agree. Newborns are usually just, well, newborns. But Judah's cute. :-)

And Aut, there's not a higher compliment that could have been said. I've DREAMED of having kids as cute as yours! :-) Makes me anxious to see Judah as a toddler, little boy, teen...but when he's a toddler I'll want him to be a baby. When he's a little boy, I'll want him to be a toddler. :-P I guess that's why people keep having kids, would you agree, Sis?

Autumn said...

agreed ;)

Powered By Blogger