Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Chub Up & Thin Out

So here we are a week and four days later. Judah has already grown a lot! From his Thursday appt. to his Monday appt. he gained 11 oz. and he has grown about 2 inches total since birth. His little face is certainly chubbin' up a bit which I am grateful for...it means he is eating well despite mommy and son still trying to learn nursing together. I will say the nursing is WORLDS better than it was even a week ago, but I do know we still have a ways to go. Pray for scheduling. I'm not going to be one of those hard core scheduled feeders. But I do want a flexible routine that is mostly predictable for both mine and Judah's good. He is still only waking up for one really middle-of-the-night feeding. Matt and I appreciate it, but we are wondering if that is why he stays awake for quite a while during the day. I just pray every time I feed him that God would allow us to learn each other quickly!

I also find myself thanking God often for Judah in very detailed ways. I am thrilled with his knuckles, of all things. I think it is because they are so so tiny and yet they still function. At the doc's office yesterday, Matt noted the little statue of the inside of an ear. Can you imagine HOW TINY Judah's bones are in his ears? And yet he can still hear! Psalm 139 has always been precious to me, but it is REAL to me now. God truly has knit Judah together...He has touched and formed every cell in that little body. And it is good. And I sit in awe and praise Him for this GIFT (Psalm 127 to the max!).

As Judah has chubbed up, I have thinned out. I am shocked (along with a few others) at how quickly my body is returning to pre-pregnancy form. Yes, I still have a little to go, but I really expected to still look about 5 months pregnant as they say you will. I did the no-no this morning. They all say not to try on your old jeans for around 3 months or else you'll become very depressed. My mom said, hey why not just remember they aren't going to fit as you try to put them on. So I put them on. I buttoned them. I zipped them. With no problems at all. WHAT??? Less than two weeks and many of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit. There are some pants/skirts that I can't do yet, but there is plenty for me to wear...which is good considering most of the maternity stuff is too big now. I'll be interested to see how much I weigh when I go for my check-up on Friday. I won't be wearing my jeans for a while yet though because I (along with a few others) don't think the pressure would be good for my incision. BUT, the point is...I fit perfectly into my old jeans at just a week and 4 days after having a kid.

As Autumn said...women, take heed! This is what can happen for you if you stay within the recommended weight gain! Praise God for helping me...He probably called me Oh Ye Of Little Faith every time I worried to Matt that I wouldn't ever get my body back. :-P

I hope all of you are well! I have a sleeping baby to awaken for a feeding. You've never seen someone sleep like a rock until you've seen Judah...

**PICS to come when Blogger cooperates**

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Oh, thank you thank you, thank you for posting... I am so hungry for news from you! I am so glad that Judah is gaining and you are losing! I also cannot wait to see more pictures!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!

Kathie said...

:) We are home. Our layover in Dallas was extended by an hour so we didn't arrive till after 11pm :P
Hope cried on the plane. I think she bonded with little Judah. It is almost sureal this morning to think I was there for 2 weeks and Judah is here. We will continue to pray for everyone to learn what they need :) I love you all and I already miss you!!

Jaclyn, you are in for a treat with that little one :)

Jaclyn said...

I cannnnnot wait to hold Judah! Let's count the days, shall we? DRUM ROLL, PLEASE...

sixty-two days!

Ack, that sounds like a loooong time. Nine weeks EXACTLY sounds better, right? :-D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for the update, too.

I've heard of women who've had to wear their maternity clothes for months, I'm glad you won't have to throw out your old clothes. I pray I get blessed with the same thing...

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Autumn said...

yippy skippy! good news all around. :)

Powered By Blogger