Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sweet Tidings

Yesterday was a long, busy, but fun day! Matt was at school until late in the afternoon because he had a meeting...the first of which he is not allowed to tell the details to even me! I should write a book, My Husband's Secret Life, and journal about what it is like to be the wife of a man who can't say everything he does/knows to provide for our family. :-)

It gave me lots of time to work on Christmas gifts, bake Christmas cookies, do some laundry, chat, and just do whatever. Not until I got in bed at 1:00 am last night did I realize I NEVER sat down just to sit and relax. That's not typical for me right now. But, oh what a productive day!

I'm very excited about what I am working on for family Christmas gifts. So far, Helen's (Matt's grandma) is my favorite, but Aut and Andy's was the most challenging in both decision and degree of difficulty. I spent at least 4 hours on theirs and my back and neck are still letting me know that today!

I'm also excited about the Christmas cookies. I think
we may have found our own little Esparza Christmas tradition...baking peppermint sugar cookies and drizzling chocolate Christmas designs on top to give to neighbors and friends (and ourselves!). They are simple, but very tasty! It's cool to see a sugar cookie and then get a zing of peppermint when you eat it. I think we are going to give our neighbors theirs today. It'll be fun to chat a little more with them when they are home...but I'm interested to see how giving it to the people across from us will go over. 2 men and 1 woman, all VERY business oriented and pretty reclusive compared to the family atmosphere the rest of us have.


Matt has two tests today. Tomorrow is the last day of the quarter! It's so insane to think that a week from now I'll be in the air on the way home for Christmas! ::sings I'll be home for Christmas...:: I can't WAIT!

After Matt gets home, we're going to eat lunch and take a nap (and then go get Narnia tickets for tomorrow and our Christmas pj's). I was up until 1:00 working on Aut/Andy's gift, and then crashed as Matt stayed up until 2 caulking our bathroom and killing the ants that infested our bathroom and trailed across our bedroom carpet. Last night marked the 4th day we've been battling ants. First the kitchen, then our bathroom, then the front bathroom, back to our bathroom. He's going to do some major caulking this weekend while I clean up dead ant bodies that were poisoned with the traps we have. Note to Housewives: Scrubbing Bubbles is an EXCELLENT but safe ant killer. They die instantly and are easy to wipe up, and those near the area you spray are stunned and slowly killed by the fumes. As effective as Raid, but not as toxic to you (esp. when pregnant).


So, off I go for my first nap of the day. :-P

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Yummy looking cookies... I need to do some more baking! These are making my mouth water looking at them! All I have here at work is Vanilla Wafers.

And you say I stay up late :-P No wonder you need a couple naps today!

Kathie said...

Dawn, the cookies look great, esp. on the blue background :) I really like the designs you put on them, to bad you can't bring any home. We can't wait to see you!!!
um speaking of that, did you find the flight schedule yet??
momma

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find a good cookie recipe for my Christmas presents at work. Could you post this recipe? And how did you do the chocolate decorations?

Do you mind me stealing your idea?

:)

Anonymous said...

Cookie!!!!
Me like Cookie!!!!
Me eat Cookie!!!

Yum Yum

Me not need Cookie!!!

In Christ,

JS

Anonymous said...

Guess again!!!

JS

Powered By Blogger