Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Excitement Rising

Wow! Is it already holiday crunch time? I can't believe this is Matt's last week of his first quarter, finals being next week. 1 Quarter down, 7 to go. He's got a couple projects to fine tune, a paper to write, and several tests to take...then we can be whisked off to a LONG vacation full of family and celebration of Christ's coming and the start of a fresh new year!

I've been working on our Christmas cards today. It's so much fun! Instead of the regular cards, I found these CHEAP kits at Target that provide all you need, including envelopes. You write a Christmas letter, print it on the stationary, fold it like a tent card, and attach your 4x6 Christmas photo to the front of the card. They're quite sophisticated looking, but more personal since you can write more than "Have a good Christmas" or whatever. Tomorrow's task is getting the pictures printed and attached. Everything else is ready to go. Above is the picture we are using...we actually used the timer on our digital camera for the first time. I prayed beforehand that frustration and impatience wouldn't enter the scene as it sometimes can...and it only took us three tries to get a good picture!

In pregnancy news, apparently my pelvic bones are starting to loosen up (to match my hips and lower back) as is normal when approaching the third trimester. Autumn warned me of it. She's not kidding. It's NOT comfortable. Last night I could barely get out of bed it hurt so much to move. Thankfully, it mostly felt like pressure today rather than pain (except for when I was grocery shopping). I just keep remembering Romans 8:18--my current sufferings are not worthy to be compared to the bundle of joy that is soon to be revealed!

Just saw a picture on the news of Washington, DC's weather. Two words. Heavy snow. THOSE are the visions I get when I think of where we will be living in a couple years. Lord? Am I cut out for that kind of weather? Did You bring us to California to have us store up as much sunshine and mild weather as we can so that we can survive East Coast Winters?? :-P

5 comments:

Kathie said...

good picture :) I like the fire in the background, makes it look more Christmasy. I can't wait to see you guys. We are praying Matt finishes well, as we know he will :) Love you both!!!
momma

Jaclyn said...

Beautiful picture. I cannot wait to hold it in my hands. I was going to get some Christmas cards out... ha... maybe I'll still try!

Anonymous said...

Your picture is going right on my refrigerator! : )

I made your shower invites last night and mailed them this morning. They are blue polka dotted invites with a blue ribbon at the top. Very cute, and I have leftovers if you want to use them for birth announcements, etc.

When I went to mail them this morning, the post office lady tried to get me to use Muppet stamps. They were big and furry and ugly, and I thought she was kidding, so I laughed and said no. She kinda teared up and said very earnestly that those were the ONLY baby shower-appropriate stamps they had. I wanted to ask her who decided Muppet stamps were baby shower-appropriate, but I refrained. Instead, I told her that the mom-to-be wouldn't like them. Basically, I blamed you for making her cry. Sorry! On a happier note, the invites have really pretty flowery stamps with LOVE written on the bottom. Because I love you! : )

The End.

Autumn said...

oooooh I love seeing pictures of you and matt and judah!!!!

Dawn said...

HA HA HA! Wow...that lady has got some deep rooted issue of attachment to the Muppets or something. I guess 20 years of knowing me paid off--I am NO Muppet fan! So nice to not have a worry in the world knowing who's in charge of my baby shower.

See you NEXT WEEK...all of you! (Well, except Jaclyn.)

Powered By Blogger