Sunday, December 04, 2005

And so it begins...

Well, Matt and I began the Registering Road Trip today. It is much different than registering for a wedding. With wedding stuff, you know what you want already and have lived long enough to know what brands/items are good or bad. I've never done this baby thing...and I realized today that I am quite meticulous and curious about all the stuff that's out there. I like to read all the descriptions of products and compare them with a few other brands. Matt also realized I am meticulous and curious. :-P I just want the best for Judah, as Matt does. It just takes me longer to make the decision than it does Matt. Linda is the same, so I know I am not the only woman out there that loves to read everything before you decide!

I think we're far from done, but we've certainly started up a good registry. We are currently registered at Target (with more to be added) and are planning on registering at Toys-R-Us. Boy, that looks weird without the R backwards. Target has most of the smaller, practical, necessity type items (feeding to diapering to health/safety). Toys-R-Us will be more of the toys, pack 'n' play, car seat/stroller, etc. Basically the fun stuff and the big items. That's not to say this division is set in stone. We saw a car seat at Target we really like. Argh. So many decisions!

I hope people think to look online when they start the gift buying. We decided today that we will not be using the quilt I made for the room. People apparently think babies shouldn't have brightly colored bedding -- aka NOTHING matches the Scripture quilt. So we decided that will be our multi-purpose and travel blanket. Neither Target nor Toys-R-Us had beddings sets we liked...until I looked at Target's web site. Search accomplished. I found a Safari bedding set (with room accessories available too!) that keeps with the animal/Noah's Ark theme and has brighter colors than most other bedding, though it is still pastelish soothing-like. It's adorable, and it even has a quilted look. I NEVER thought I'd go for anything close to a quilted look. Just goes to show how we change as we get older...and how silly old quilting ladies can change your taste without you knowing it.

Here is the registry page where you can look at what we've got so far.

Here is a quick link to the bedding.

So back aching, body tired, brain taxed but still wanting to scan all the goodies...we returned home to a relaxing evening of homework/reading. I finished ANOTHER book. We only bought it last Saturday. Me having fun-reading for when Matt is doing homework is proving to be a budgeting issue in my eyes. Even though I ONLY allow myself to crack the books we get when Matt has serious studying, I still finish WAY fast. Francine Rivers is just too good.

Wow. This ended up being a long post. I'm sure you understand. Sometimes a woman just needs someone to listen while she rambles. Of course I've got Matt...but he was with me the whole day, so his day was my day! And I want others to be in on it! Therefore, I ramble as I go off to empty what is apparently invading Judah's precious space. His foot is good at poinpointing my "holding tank"...or what my mom calls his "waterbed." :-)

2 comments:

Autumn said...

how exciting! registering is so fun! It's the thrill of shopping without spending the money. I'm going to check out your selections right now... love you! can't wait to see you in 11 days!!!!!!!!!! :*

Autumn said...

hey, I almost got that exact bedding for one of our kids!

Powered By Blogger