Thursday, December 29, 2005

Mid-Holiday Post

I must say, a 2.5 week vacation feels WONDERFUL but a little odd at the same time. I came home for Christmas from California four times while in college and stayed several weeks. But this time, I came home from California with a husband for a couple weeks. I guess it's just odd because I'm not in school nor do I have a job to go back to. I just get to live life in a different spot with a husband. :-)

It's been quite busy too, compared to what I am used to. Autumn and Andy and the kiddos got here the same day we did. So it's been a community of 10 people living together in one house. I'm thankful my parents' house is big enough to accomidate us all...quite nicely at that! The bed Matt and I claimed has actually been quite good for my back and joints. I think it's the foam layer on top. Firm but gently cradles me. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the four pillows I sleep with and the husband I sometimes use as a body pillow in addition to those. :-P

It has been SO AMAZING to see Matt with the three kids. I am convinced now that we MUST have a daughter someday (Please, Lord!). He is simply adorable to watch with an even more adorable Hailey. He makes her (and the boys, too) giggle whenever they play together. He's got so much energy to fly them, horse around, play video games, snuggle, tickle, and the list could go on. We've never been around kids together for this much time. I consider it a blessing from God to have seen my husband's temprament with children just a couple months before we have one of our own. ::sigh:: I love Matt. End of story.

Speaking of our own...Judah's growing and I think I have too. :-P I still haven't put myself back on my parents' scale since we got here. Probably cause it makes me nervous. The eatin' has been good! I've been able to help with dinner most nights and expose my family to some of the dishes I cook for Matt and I. It's been cool to see what it would be like to cook for a family of 10. Double the food...and the flexibility!

We got quite blessed at the baby shower Rachel threw. An extra suitcase home is in order! (That's Diane, the lady who did the devotional.) Judah has been getting stronger as he grows. His kicks have become so strong when he's most active, that more than just my belly moves. Matt even "felt" a kick when he was just sitting next to me! I've also had a couple times where I'd be laying on my side and Judah (as usual) has used the bed as a trampoline. But now he has started pushing up against the bed so that I feel him on both sides of my belly. He pushes and holds, and if I gently push back he'll immediately recoil. I hope I'm not scaring him, but it's been the first...um...human to human interaction with him (for lack of a better way to explain it). Action and reaction between two human beings? Whatever. It's been awesome. Take my word for it!

Matt and I are thinking about going to spend our Kohl's gift cards today to get some date time. I'ts been totally fun being with so much family all the time, but we all have to admit it is not something Matt and I are used to! Matt is the only person I interact with 5 or 6 days a week on average, and I don't usually do much except for household tasks everday. When our plane hit the runway here, our feet didn't stop running. It's been a lovely change of pace, but one that my pregnant body has been exhausted by! And, when you're used to so much time alone with just your hunny...you miss it even when life is 10 times as lively as usual!

I know I'm going to have people withdrawals once we get back home, though. I've got plenty of options for activity here. Remind me what I did all day when I was at home?

Random list to keep having text in this post so you will be sure to see all the pictures:

I got my hair cut as a non-Christmas gift from my mom. I wish I could have Glynn at the snap of my fingers. There is nothing like 100% trust in the person who cuts your hair. I LOVE my new cut. It's definitely shorter, but I think it looks great and it is easy or complext to do at my own whim.

Things we got for Christmas:
1) A quilt journal with pages for pictures and explanations for all the quilts I have and will make. Hope started it for me.
2) A flip flop and flower chip and dip set from Autumn that matches our Fiestaware perfectly.
3) Giftcards to: Kohl's, Olive Garden, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Cold Stone Creamery. Date heaven!
4) Christmas towels for our kitchen. Something I've wanted for a while now! Funny- I helped Hope pick out kitchen towels for my mom's stocking, when my mom had already gotten ME kitchen towels.
5) A GORGEOUS clear blue snowflake ornament from Hope called "Winter Fantasy" which I will henceforth name our future tree.
6) Lost, the First Season on DVD
7) Casting Crowns' Lifesong CD

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Thanks for posting the pictures and taking time to chat with me! I cannot wait to talk with you tonight! Love ya!

Autumn said...

I'm getting pretty desperate for some solitude myself. You didn't mention anywhere in your post that half of us probably have strep.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a lot of time to spend with your family. Wish I could've come to the shower...and I'm so jealous of your Lost DVD!!

Talk to ya later!

Anonymous said...

I posted some Christmas pictures on my blog. You can come see if you want.

:)

Powered By Blogger