Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My 50th Post

I just noticed that this will be my 50th post since starting my blog. And how appropriate considering the news I am about to reveal.

Our baby will be born in Dayton, OH. We will be in Dayton...by August 26th at the VERY VERY latest. We have three weeks to move.

PRAISE GOD! Remember how in the last post I said I was thankful things were returning to normal this week? Yeah. Like I said then, I'd be happy for things to be un-normal if it was because the DoD contacted Matt with a yes. Weeeell.....

He got an e-mail last night from his recruiter. It never said "Yes, you are in." It was just several items about has he chosen a program yet, she needs to know if we want Dayton or Monterey, when is he going back to Baltimore for orientation, and such like that. WHICH makes us think that possibly that letter we got MONTHS ago was THE OFFICIAL offer of employment. Perhaps we were just thrown off by the "contingent upon your security clearance." That made us think it was still a toss up. Apparently not! Matt is going to call the airforce base in Dayton and talk to some enrollment councelors this morning to finalize which program he wants to pursue, and then he will talk to Ms. Recruiter. I will hopefully know more detail after that! How will the military move work? When do we absolutely have to be in Dayton? Was that letter really the official yes and we just didn't know it?

We are so excited! We are in awe at how much is to be done in the next 3 weeks. I am looking forward to seeing all the people come forward and offer help. Thanks in advance to family who will come to Jackson to help us/me pack. Thanks to Autumn (and Andy) in advance for be our apt/home hunters!

No more praying for a yes! Now we rejoice our hearts out and start praying for a smooth transition in such a short amount of time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you all about military moves. They are the best. If you get the all-out military movers, you won't need help packing - they pack for you! And load everything, and ship everything, and unpack it where you tell them to.
I know this from previous experience. I hope this is what they give you!
Once I'm feeling better, we'll have to get together, OK? Don't want to get you and the baby sick!

TS

Jaclyn said...

I am so excited for both of you! What an amazing blessing and gift from God! I pray that the transition goes smooth. I will be praying for you!

Autumn said...

WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!!!!! ::doing my happy dance:: Yes!!! I am so excited, on cloud nine today. Nice of you to call me at 11:30 last night...couldn't sleep after hearing that news. Please call or e-mail as soon as you know more so we can plan accordingly! Whoopeee!

Autumn said...

Don't forget to get your gold star today :)

Powered By Blogger