Wednesday, August 03, 2005

God gives us what we want...with a twist.

A twist to make sure we continue to trust Him. Thank you, Jaclyn, for those words of encouragment.

I'll just be blundt about it. We may be moving to Monterey instead of Dayton. Matt has not taken the graduate record exam (like an ACT/SAT for grad school) and Dayton requires it. Autumn helped us find some info yesterday that could be helpful in persuading Dayton to still take us. Matt will be talking with them today about it.

Meanwhile, I think God has graciously prepared our hearts for either location now. We were so closed to Monterey because of the heart pulls in Dayton. We were quite presumptious that Dayton was a sure thing. Yet another reminder to hold EVERYTHING with an open hand! God may give His children what they desire, but we still have the responsibility to keep looking towards Him for direction. That reminds me of the verse, "A man may plan his WAYS, but the Lord directs his STEPS." This could not be a more perfect example of that verse! :-)

We did find out that neither school starts until the beginning of October, so we have a few more weeks to breath and make sure everything gets settled. We are grateful for that!

Concerning the new little life, I think my nausea is starting to wane. Praise the Lord! Now I just get next to ravenous every 1.5 hour instead of nauseous (unless I wait too long). I got prenatal yoga and prenatal pilates DVD's and am in the process of forming a good exercise routine. Eating? Well, not to much into veggies like I was a couple weeks ago. This week's favorite food is ramen noodles, though I did HIGHLY enjoy Nonie's meatloaf and my mashed potatos two nights ago. :-P

I'm off to make a "change address with" list, do a search for churches in Monterey, clean the bathrooms, do pilates, shower, lunch, and then go talk with my "boss" about not coming back this year and what she needs from me (if anything). Have a SUNSHINY day!

2 comments:

Powered By Blogger