Change. Lots of it has happened these past few weeks. Here goes...
astonished to see it bouncing all around. THAT is what finally hit me in the head with the knowledge that I am REALLY pregnant. Of course I knew I was before; but before you SEE it, you just kinda feel like you are "playing" pregnancy. Everything (hearbeat, measurements, etc.) was said to be perfect for a 10 week pregnancy, which in turn means that risk of miscarriage goes from 20% all the way down to 2% no matter how far along I am. I have only gained 3-5 pounds in 10 weeks, for which I am thankful! And my blood pressure is only 110/60...better than pre-pregnancy. I will be returning next Friday (most likely) so my OB friend Keith can listen to heart tones. I don't think it's necessary...but I think Keith is excited and wants to hear it for himself. :-) Hey, as long as it's free! Praise You, Lord, for giving me connections yet again!
2) We have been searching for a month for a new car. The Rav4 is a good car, faithful to get us where we need to go, but the fact that we are moving has caused us to see the good reasons to get a more solid vehicle. After a month of frustration with a dealership and not finding EXACTLY what we wanted, it happened. Last Saturday, Matt was looking for what we wanted online...and BAM...there it was. Almost too good to be true! A 2003 Honda Accord EXV, leather seats, side curtain airbads (in addition to front and side), 28,000 miles...for an EXCELLENT price. So we called the dealership, our insurance, and the place we knew we wanted the loan from. It sounded perfect. So, we immediately packed up and went 3 hours to Bowling Green, KY...praying all the way that this would be worth it. Woman's intutition told me it was going to happen and I was soooo excited! This has been my DREAM car for a long time! But, the car was EVEN BETTER than we had first thought!!! A gorgeous blue-gray color with two-toned gray leather interior. V-6 engine and all airbags (much needed for California freeways!). Very roomy in front and back seats. Power everything. Keyless entry (the remote IS the key...very cool!). Awesome warranty still in place. 6-disc CD changer. Heated seats. Dual passenger AC control. Brushed silver trim (totally futuristic and us). In a word...BLESSING. The dealership itself and the saleslady we worked with were incredible to work with. Several of them stayed at least an hour after closing so we could get the car. Not once did we hit a snag in the process. It feels so natural to have this car...my dream car. Every time I see it, I am in silent shock and awe that God has given us the exact car we were looking for - especially with all the safety features we wanted for both California and children. We WILL be driving this car into the ground. Remember...I know what I want. And when I get it, I am content with it for as long as it will last. Example: I STILL have my fun fishy bedding I got the summer after 6th grade. If we had a guest bed, it would totally be on there!
3) Finally, the Lord has given us direction several times over and we really feel that Monterey is where He desires us to be. We are at peace with the decision and are moving ahead with finding a place to live and all those details. School there starts September 26th-ish, so we will most likely be moving September 14th (5 days driving, 4 nights sleeping). We DESIRE your prayers for all the details to work out smoothly and quickly since we have less than a month to get everything closed up here and opened there. I have that kind of excitement that is boiling inside but very hushed and hesitant when I look at all that needs to happen. Change, Christa? This one is huge and fast!
I will post pictures of the car this afternoon as well as pictures of a quilt I have just made. First one made for profit!
Thanks for taking to time to read our insane update!

3 comments:
Have fun in California. Enjoy your new car. Enjoy your baby. Dayton was worth a shot. Maybe you'll actually end up in Cleveland someday soon.
As for me, I'm going to keep on enjoying my life despite my disappointment.
How totally cool to see the picture of the little one growing inside of you. Life for you both will never be the same. I am so excited for you both. See you Wednesday. love you, Janet
Dawn-
Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your picture, I have a few of those pictures myself, aren't they amazing?! As you already know from reading my blog, your comments about change really resounded with me. I'm glad that we can hold onto God who never changes and trust Him to take us where He wants us to go and make us who He wants us to be. I am excited to hear that you will be moving back to California! Please let us know your exact dates in town as Bobby and I will be quick to come down and help you guys in any way we can. You are in my prayers, Dawn.
-Christa
Post a Comment