Having had a few very windy days lately, it gave Judah opportunity to ponder wind. "Mommy, where does wind come from?" Ah, an age old question, my son. We don't know, sweetie, and even the Bible says that we do not know where it comes from or where it is going. He quietly and solemnley added, "Maybe it's God's breath." So beautiful to watch his mind work.
The other night at dinner I told Matt that Eden is now up to about three cubes of food. Such a witty man I have. He replied: "One cube, two cubes, three cubes....game cube, cube-icle... We live a squared life."
Judah and Elijah were discussing what fireworks were at lunch.
J: Do you know what fireworks are?
E: No.
J: They're things that pop in the sky.
Later on, I heard them still talking about fireworks, the sounds they make, and how they work.
J: When the balloons go up and pop, it's a firework. Red balloons make red fireworks.
E: And purple balloons make purple fire trucks... I mean fireworks.
J: Green balloons make green fireworks...
And on and on they went about which balloon color made which firework color. Sometimes it's so cute to hear the perspective of kids.
I was feeding Eden her first cut-up pears rather than pear babyfood. For the life of me, I don't know what her problem is. It's perhaps the most grimaces I've seen from her when it comes to food. She'll eat pear babyfood mixed with infant cereal. Texture, maybe? Anyway, I told the boys I had no idea why she didn't like it. Without a beat, Judah assured me, "Maybe when she grows up." Yes, thank you, my son of four years. ;-)

1 comment:
I love TGIF days. Actually I love all the days you blog but TGIF are especially fun :)
Post a Comment