Friday, December 24, 2010

T.G.I.F.

When Elijah was going downstairs to get a car to play with, I said, "Make sure to be shy...err...quiet." Where did that come from?

As the boys were playing, I heard them singing a medley of Christmas songs: "JingleS bells, jingleS bells, aaaall the way..." and "Go tell it on duh moooount-uhn dat Jesus Christ is born..." I should get video.

The other day, we learned about the sense of smell. I asked the boys what smells good: cakes, cookies, candles, Mommy's perfume. I asked what smells bad. Boys will be boys. ;-) However, after having fits of laughter over what boys think smells hilariously awful, Judah stopped to think for a moment. Finally, he said, "Atural gas. That smells bad. And if we smell it, we should get away." He means natural gas. And lest you think kids don't remember things you tell them... Matt had the boys sniff this scratch 'n paper that came in the mail explaining what to do if you smell natural gas. I thought it was pretty clever of the gas company -- and now we have more than just adult noses on the look out for "atural gas."

Instead of yelling, "Eden has a runny nose" or "She needs a tissue," Elijah just frantically yells "SICK! SICK! Eden has SICK!" Hilarious! Until I see just how icky the "sick" is...

1 comment:

besnini said...

I love your blog!!! I sure makes me miss you all a lot more sometimes though. I wonder if Elijah knows more about Eden's runny nose than anyone... I wonder what he thinks it is when HE gets a runny nose :)

Powered By Blogger