We're having our family portraits taken tonight for our church's pictoral directory -- and if they are good enough (for a good price), we'll go ahead and make them our yearly portraits. It'd be nice to kill two birds with one stone.
Judah's head is doing ok. It's not nearly as ugly as I thought it would be. Although, he has hit it twice on the coffee table since the original incident. I knew biting your cheek over again was common after an initial bite, but hitting your head? My mom helped me realize last night that he'll have the lovely mark for our portraits; but it's a memory and not that bad, really.
Another apartment picture: the Dining Room. Love it! The only issue I have is that since we don't have a computer desk to catch receipts, bills, mailing items, etc...it ends up on the dining table. And I am one of those people that if my table is clear and the kitchen counters clear, life is peachy. Maybe we can eventually find a little credenza of sorts to put by the front door to help with some organization. And I can't tell you how much I LOVE not having bookcases in the dining room!!!
Not sure if I mentioned it, but I had to throw one of our Patricks out. The purple potted Patrick started growing something just like a potted palm I had once. So far, the green potted Patrick is ok...and I hope he remains that way!
For you women folk out there, I found an OB here that I see on Friday. Guess what! VBACS are actually encouraged here. All I want from Dr. W is to see her confidence in helping a woman who has had 2 c-sections try for a VBAC...eventually. Like 4 years from now or something. :-P I'm just excited that I'm not locked into another c-section because of legal mumbo jumbo.
We still love our church and are pretty sure this is where we'll park it. We've been a part of the membership class for several weeks. The teaching is superb and the people very Acts-like. I'm quickly attaching to a few ladies, which I am very thankful for. It's nice to know that we'll be here for years and can truly invest in these people. We are going to be talking with the youth leader this week about possibly starting to serve in youth group soon. Both of us have tugs in our hearts for this area -- especially the opportunity to influence them in the area of purity and modesty. We weren't perfect in our pre-marriage relationship. We felt the struggle like everyone else, but praise God we are proof that it can be done and that the reward is ever so sweet...not just physically, but emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Anyway...off my soap box now.
GUESS WHO is coming to lunch on Wednesday!!! The Achilles! That's right. We never got to have our GBC pastor and family over in Salinas...but now that we're on this coast, they can come. Go figure. :-P They are over here because Tim Borland's AT-Cure Tour is now finished. All 63 marathons in just 63 days! They're driving down from PA to DC on Wednesday, and we happen to be on the way. It will be so sweet to see them and have them in our home!
We went to Subway for lunch yesterday. The only big enough table available had a New Homes magazine on it. So I brought it home with us to browse through. Gosh, it will be so wonderful to someday have a home of our own. Pray with us that God will provide sooner than we even anticipate! Housing in this area is expensive, but there are lots of good deals because of the slump. Wisdom is what we need...well, and money, too. :-P
Well, I better wrap up. I don't have much to do today (what??), so I want to keep it relaxed. Gonna go play with Judah-udah!

5 comments:
wow, Judah's bump is alot less colorful than I expected. I can't wait to see the pics you all are having taken :)
so nice to hear an update and it sounds like things are getting settled for you... just in time for an adventurous holiday season! it'll be full of memories though! :)
Been there, done that with a facility that encourages VBACs *until* you've had your 2nd section...good luck with that. Finding an OB who is willing to allow a VBA2C can be difficult.
Hi Dawn, great to hear an update! I was excited about your "soapbox". I didn't know you had a heart for teens, how awesome! Can't wait to hear how that goes. Your home looks beautiful and like you are getting settled nicely.:)
i love the pictures you have posted of your apartment, it looks like such a pretty and colorful place to call home. i am also jealous that you have fall leaves outside your window and need to wear heavy coats.
hope to see some of those church directory picts soon!
Post a Comment