Friday, November 02, 2007

All Good Records..

...must come to an end.


Many have commented on how non-kid friendly our coffee table is. Well, after 1.5 years, tradgedy has happened. I'd say that's a good long time for no accidents with the table. Judah was playing with a laundry hamper near the table. The only thing I can figure out is that it tumped over and he knocked his noggin on the edge. I really don't even know how that could have happened because he was in between the couch and table so there wasn't much room. Much crying ensued followed by Tylenol (which is gold now because of the recent debate) and ice. It's amazing how quickly children recover from pain -- he was playing with his toys and slide within 10 minutes or so. I'd be done for the day if I hit my head that hard! I took this picture within 2 minutes of the incident. It's gonna be a shiner for a while! The green color has faded now, but the bumped up part now covers pretty much half his forehead. I'm just glad this is only the second major boo boo in his life. We've got a good track record, in my opinion. But, like my mom said, someday they'll play sports...and get hurt.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Awww, poor Judah! I think I fear the injury thing about having kids the most... and it will be a huge faith builder. Safety is a mirage anyway, and God will take care of them!!!

My mom saw a pattern for a boo-boo buny thing and it is SO cute!!! I might have to make one and send it to you!

Autumn said...

ouchie! give him a kiss from Auntie Autty :)

Kathie said...

When I showed the picture to Papa he asked, "is it stitches?" I explained what happened. He was impressed by the size of the bump. Give E a big kiss and a hug for us.


PS Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight!!

Anonymous said...

You can take the girl out of Arkansas but you can't take Arkansas out of the girl. "Tumped over" only a girl from the south would use that word. You go girl.!!! :)
Sorry about his big boo boo. Even a smile with the picture. I usually take a pic of my kids big boo boos also so I can show them when they are older.
Can't wait to see you and meet Elijah.
Janet S

Powered By Blogger