Kinda weird to update my location from "California" to "Maryland" on various websites. That's no small update as it was no small move. Boxes are EVERYWHERE. But at least they are here.
A couple came over yesterday to help with the kids and movers since it was Matt's first day of work. One woman -- how could she do two kids, 3 movers, and a truck load of stuff? They were precious people. We had a good time getting to know each other and then directing boxes and people. I can't wait to have them over for dinner when all is said and done. I want them to meet Matt and I want to meet their four kids. They were crazier than us -- their first was born in a September, the next kid was born November of the very next year. That's insane. But they are still alive and have two more kids, four total. Gives me hope that maybe SOMEDAY I will want more than two. But right now? HA HA HA HA HA HA! You're funny.
The kids' room is much smaller than we anticipated so I had to bend my brain in half to figure out an acceptable layout. Sadly, no amount of brain-bending will help me figure out what to do with the glider (that I refuse to get rid of). Maybe we can paint it black, recover it, and put it in the living room?? The boys are now sharing a room. Last night and today has been the first go at it. Not sure how this is going to work, but other people do it. So it must work out eventually. Elijah's current fussing is probably going to wake Judah up...if Judah ever went to sleep that is.
Life will be normal and routine again. Eventually. If anyone wants to take a field trip, Columbia would be a GREAT place to visit. I know of a wonderful ministry opportunity that awaits you. ;-)
And I'm dead serious.

7 comments:
Praying for you sister . . . transition can be hard in so many ways - physical, emotional, spiritual. Praying God will equip and enable and encourage you in all areas!!!
I say paint the glider black and get some cheap-o fabric from WalMart - that is one comfie chair! :)
If you want to feel even better about how your kids are spaced - my sister-in-law has 3 (6-15-04, 6-22-05, 11-28-06)! Talk about close together. :) The first two are exactly a year and a week apart from each other! :)
I had three in 35 months - hard but not horrible. And #4 will be here in about 18 weeks...and I'm READY. I'm also ready to be DONE! :)
That's so funny about Nicole's recipe! We are going to have that this coming week :). They remember you, too, and always ask about you when we see them.
SOOO good to talk with you today. we should do it more often you know.
oh how happy am I! Momma told me of the possibilities for December! come to my blog.
you still on this planet? :) call me sometime.
Post a Comment