Our new friend Laura from church "invited" herself to babysit tonight. How often does that happen? Someone insisting you go on a date with your huzby so she can babysit your kids -- or is it so that you can have some time alone? She loves our kids enough that I am having a hard time deciding which she values more. ;-) We're going to a famous burger place for shakes and then for a browse through the mall just for kicks.
Coffee and chocolate do affect Elijah when I eat them. The sacrifices we make for our kids, right? Gosh, what I would give for tiramisu or Chili's molten chocolate cake right now!!!
Rachel came to visit us last weekend. It was SO wonderful to have my life-long friend here in my home spending time with my family! We went to the ladies' breakfast together, a walk in the park (I survived...again), shopping, church, etc. She so thoughtfully got the boys some winter wear! Elijah got some long-sleeved onsies and Judah got a winter coat, hat, and mittens (seen in pics). I'm still waiting to hear how her train ride to Phili went. It seemed so quaintly old fashioned to drop a friend off at the train station (which I've never been to one before). Apparently you can get good rates on train tickets around here, so we might just look into that for a weekend trip or something.
Enjoy!
Whiny faces. Just imagine the nasaly sound "uuuuuuhhh..."
Daddy Time.
Before lunch play time. Boy, is it hard to get a self-pic with two little kids. Not the most attractive, but fun none-the-less.
Judah's new coat...he loves it and so do we! Last night was the very first time we had ever seen one of our children in a winter coat. So cute and strange at the same time. He loves that bat, too. We don't let him play with it, but we thought it'd be a cute picture -- especially if he had stayed posed the way Matt put him. I could insert some comment here about rooting for the Sox or the Rockies. But seeing that my huzby is going for the Sox and my best friend rooting for the Rockeis...I'm not sure saying anything would be wise of me. ;-)
A Non-Daddy approved video.
Judah takes it upon himself to read a feel-n-learn book to Elijah. Judah even took Elijah's arm and stretched it to touch the textured spots. He hasn't quite mastered how to NOT hit Elijah's face or body while playing near him...

4 comments:
videos, we love videos :D Judah is so cute in that winter coat. It is always great to see pics :)
Looks like you're getting the rain we've had for a week. Welcome to the Eastern part of the United States.
oh my goodness, I LOVE the pic of the two boys on the blanket on the floor w/J looking at E. PRECIOUS!!!!! I hope I don't die of excitement while waiting for you guys to get to LR. The CHEEEEEZ video was hilarious.
You guys are going to LR? When?
Post a Comment