His was a 15 mo check-up, and he's in good health...perfect ears and all! Praise the Lord! 22.2 lbs and 30.7 inches, 50cm head circ. One shot -- that he DIDN'T cry over! He did get a really sad face, but he was fine (maybe lack of afternoon nap is a good thing prior to a shot? delerium dulls the pain?). Dr. C said that he is on the 'thin' side but absolutely nothing to worry about. He said with today's kids, it's MUCH better to be on that side than the other. It's easier to help a kid gain weight if need be (which it's not in Judah's case) than to lose it. Dr. C said we don't need to worry one bit about feeding Judah more -- to which I said that was good because if I fed him more at his meals, he'd be eating about the amount I do! I said Judah has his daddy's metabolism...and Dr. C said quietly, 'Can I borrow it?' As for his head, it's flat out big. 98th percentile big. Maybe that's part of why he's so cute -- lots of face to look at! I love our doctor! He's going to Ireland with 12 other family members for vacation the week Elijah will be born. So that'll be a bummer -- but a good time for he and his family!
I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow. All's well. Nothing new...except that I LOST a pound! Woo hoo! I thought for sure I'd gained about 5 pounds in two weeks...we had a sweet-aholic weekend due to some events we attended (and a DELISH-OUS peanut butter brownie dessert I made). Glad it didn't pack on the pounds! I'm trying to not go above 180, so I've got 9 pounds leeway over the next month and a half. :-) And I've concluded that Elijah doesn't care he's running out of room to move. He still moves just as far and forcefully as he wants. Never knew a baby could push against your skin so hard it hurts! Organs and ribs I can understand hurting, but just the belly wall??
We went swimming as a family yesterday -- can't remember the last time Matt and I were BOTH in the pool at the same time. It took Judah a little bit to get used to the water, but he eventually seemed to have some fun. Thanks to Jaclyn for the swimming shirt and hat (meant for Elijah, but fits Judah fine)! Here are some pics from that and one from the beach today. Matt asks that he be excused for getting his shirt wet.
We'll have internet access in our hotel, so hopefully I can post at least once while we're gone! Pray for travel safety, flexibility with the 3-hour difference, wisdom as we search for our next home, good interviews for Matt, and a good time as a family!

5 comments:
Hey, if Matt wants to see Jason in a bikini, I think we can handle Matt with his shirt off :)
wow you lost a pound...I vaguely (sp) remember you doing that with Judah around this time.
The picutres are wonderful!! I'm so glad you post them often.
I'll be praying for a good, productive trip
Have FUN on your trip!!! Take lots of pictures for me.
I hope you guys make it OK. Let us know when you arrive in your destination. We love you guys!
Nice hairdo Matt!! Hey, you gave me an idea. Maybe I can take my picture and give myself the body I want?!! NAAAA.....
Dawn, you look wonderful and oh my goodness, isn't my grandson cute!!!
Post a Comment