Thursday, June 07, 2007

Another Day in the Life Of

So yesterday I started a big project of scanning in all our physical photos, cards, letters, etc. We're going ALL digital, baby! I have been exploring software for digital scrapbooking/picture organizing, and we have found what we want. This is going to majorly declutter and cut costs on photo archiving! I'm so excited! Anyway, as I was going through cards and letters from my senior year at TMC, I came across some bridal shower cards. SHOCK! One had a $15 certificate to Victoria's Secret and another had a $30 gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond! Neither had expired, even after three years! So we had a little family shopping spree last night.

We got a couple vinyl chair covers for when the kiddos go through the messy eating stage, a new bath mat, and a couple washcloths. We may be switching our bathroom colors to red and gold with green accents. I'm still not 100% sold on the gold washcloths -- I think we need a set of hand towels that brings in all three colors for the gold to truly work. We went to Kohl's to spend our $10 "Kohl's Cash" coupon. Our downstairs neighbors are moving this month (no more Indian food smells...but we'll miss them). So we wanted to get their kids something and give them 50 Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die (they're Catholic). We came out having spent more than the coupon. :-P We found a dump truck with big legos. We've been wanting big legos for Judah. He's our son. We can spoil him sometimes, right? ::puppy dog eyes:: We're going to the mall tomorrow so I can spend the VicSec certificate...and so we can celebrate the end of Matt's SEVENTH quarter with Cold Stone. Only one more quarter. So strange -- I remember when we had all eight left!

Judah is moving into the stage of wanting to eat whatever everyone else is eating. Last night, I made tuna melts for dinner. Judah kept turning away the vegetable noodle soup and cherries I had for him. So we got him out of his chair and figured he'd come back when he was hungry. He wanted to sit on my lap, so I let him. Then Judah kept reaching for MY plate. I wasn't going to finish my sandwich because it was too fishy for my taste preference at that moment. I've never given him tuna because I figured he wouldn't like it -- it took me years to acquire the taste. Why would a 1 year old like it?? Oh. My. Word. He gobbled up the tuna and one piece of the toast it was on! I nixed the tuna after a while because I didn't want to give him too much, but I'm sure he would have kept going if I'd let him! More proof that he's Matt's son -- a tuna lover. And then this morning, he wanted my Fruit Loops...he wouldn't even know what they are if a sweet boy at church hadn't shared with him on Sunday. ;-)

To clear any confusion, my due date is August 9th. But the c-section is July 31st at 9:00am...unless Elijah wants to come earlier than that, of course.

I havn't gotten my massage yet -- June 29th is the glorious day! I do get to go have my haircut today. So that will be nice. I wanted it done before MD, but there were no open spots. I love people who cancel!

Make sure you check Matt's blog every so often. He's embarking on a series of essays he will post before he shuts down his blog. They are excellent, pertinent topics. I've read what's written of the first one so far -- God truly has gifted Matt with writing!

Today's been kind of a hard day. Judah wants to be into everything I'm doing, and I'm extra tired today. He doesn't want to be just beside me...he tries to SQUEEZE himself in between me and whatever my task is to get his hands on it. I know it's curiosity, but sheesh! I put our bouncer and swing back together today because someone at church needs to borrow them for some visitors. Not an easy task with Judah's desire to "help." Actually, it's not an easy task, period. Those of you who have dealt with children's toys will agree, I'm sure. I gouged out some skin from the inside of one of my fingers when it got pinched between plastic and metal. Youch! And I still haven't gotten one side to slide in all the way. Thank the Lord for husbands!

You've never seen a kid drool until you've seen Judah while molar-teething. We're talkin' soaked shirt, soaked shorts, drool running from mouth to hand to arm to elbow and even down to the leg. When I let him watch a DVD in his activity seat, sometimes there are pools of drool left in the little ledge IN ADDITION to Judah being all wet. Can a kid get dehydrated from drooling so much? :-P

Had a good, long conversation with Aut last night. She just started nursing school, and it is so fun to see her excitement. I think I live semi-vicariously through her being able to work the educational side of her brain. It feels good to get those old gears turning! I can't wait to see her as a nurse either...and most likely call her up for advice. ;-)

Hmm. Wonder where Matt is. He had one last presentation today with a French woman classmate who apparently acts like a 60 year old woman. Still not sure what he means by that. He just better be home in time for me to get to Hollister!

I'm gonna scan some more pics. Ta ta for now!

Oh, Matt's home!

9 comments:

Alicia said...

1. We have a gold and deep red bathroom too! It matches our gold, deep red, and sage green bedroom. This is like freshman year all over again!
2. Heck yes for surprise and forgotten gift cards. Just in time for Victoria Secret's huge sale.
3. Fun updates on Judah the drool machine.
4. Nursing school sounds sooo fun (although I would probably pass out.) Before I met Nathaniel I was planning to do that, Sigh.
Love you!

Jason and Jodee said...

Ditto on the cards - my older brother actually puts some cash in his winter coat before putting it away, that way when he pulls it out the next year he gets a nice surprise.
Hey, what kind of scanner do you have? Is it a photo printer as well? I seriously want to get one of those and have been checking prices for quite a while. Pictures can be such a huge project - especially when you have more than just your own little family's worth!

And what's the quarters with Cold Stone?

Dawn said...

Leesh, I still wish I had kept my bedding. I wanted to use it for my little girl someday--but I guess I'd have to have a girl first. Our bedroom is deep sage green, deep purple, and rusty orange. So we're KINDA the same, I guess. :-P

Jodee, we have an HP printer/copier/scanner thing (HP PSC 1510v All-in-One). It's not specifically for photos, but it can print them. Have you ever tried having your digis printed at Walmart or Target? We have, and it turns out perfectly fine for only 10-20cents per photo!

Matt's school goes by quarters rather than semesters. And we want an excuse to go to Cold Stone. :-) He finished his second to last quarter (seventh) today, so tomorrow we feast!

Anonymous said...

Talk about weird - I cleaned out my desk today and found a Victoria's Secret gift certificate from one of my bridal showers (I was married 6 years ago this Saturday!). Anyway, I'm taking it in to see if they'll still accept it - I doubt it, but who knows? :) Get something fun when you go!

Autumn said...

I couldn't stop smiling when reading your description of Judah's drool.

Kathie said...

Okay, Aut smiles at the drooling discription and I cringe and hope the molars are through by the time Nini is there :P Pools of drool...yuck!!!!

To bad you can't actually see Aut's excitment about nursing school. I watched the kids last night and when she got home she started explaining some stuff to me. Her eyes were dancing with excitment. And she looks beautiful in her dark blue scubs, they are a wonderful color for her. I was amazed at how easily she is picking up chemistry, not because I doubt her ability but because I don't think I could do it. It seems very complicated.

Pics of the new do??? I'm getting my color done this afternoon (yea!!)

Jason and Jodee said...

Hey random question...when the Indian family was cooking and the smell came up, did it smell yummy like Indian food or like a crazy funky stank? Mid-morning something started smelling awful...and I just had the thought that it might be from our neighbors as it only stinks on that side of our apartment...

And I usually have our pictures printed at a store and that works fine. What I really need is a scanner though for all of mom's pics. I figured I could get one that printed as well.

Paul said...

Tuna lover, huh?

Tell Matt that maybe if he's lucky, Judah will turn into "the other Paul" from ITCM. He'll know what I mean.

Autumn said...

I still don't see your new post. hmmmm

Powered By Blogger