It is possible for a 1 yr old to nap on an airplane.
Don't put your seat all the way back for the entire flight if there is a very pregnant woman behind you with a 1 yr old.
United Airlines does not put baby changing stations in their lavs!
Living as the minority in a Hispanic population for two years REALLY puts you out of touch with the rest of the world. The FIRST thing I noticed when we were at BWI airport was that everyone was white. Second, all the announcements over the intercom are in American-accented English...with no follow-up Spanish translation. Third, there are actually African Americans here!!! So fun!
From now on, when renting a car in a new place, you MUST get the Garmin GPS thing for an extra $50...so awesome. You don't have to stop and ask anyone for directions. Just punch it in and go! It even verbally tells you when/where to turn!
Jeep Wranglers are nice cars, but you have to slam the door kind a hard so it will shut.
Maryland really does look a LOT like the Little Rock area, which I find to be soothing.
Lightning bugs do exist. We'd forgotten.
Matt noticed that, "Hey, there is cloud cover...and it really COULD rain!"
The merge lanes here are virtually non-existent. Get off/on, or die. And most choose to "die" by just stopping in the merge lane.
There are LOTS of apts, townhomes, and duplexes here. Everything is colonial. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, is stucco with Spanish tile roofs. (See above observation about population.)
The malls. Oh. My. Gosh. HUGE! NICE! The one we were in this afternoon had polished hardwood flooring of various colors of wood! Gorgeous!
Humidity.
People actually look you in the eye here when you pass them instead of hanging their head down or averting their entire face.
I love the women I met this morning from Hope Bible Church. Can't wait to meet the rest of the church tomorrow morning! I believe God is preparing the way for us spiritually. :-)
Gotta get to bed now! More to come...someday!

5 comments:
I can feel your excitment in your blog :) I'm excited for you. Yes, lightening bugs do exsist...I'm so glad Judah and Elijah will get to experience them. Erik "smuggled" one home in the car after the June family b-day party tonight :D
Can't wait to hear more!!
oh so you knew about the lightning bug smuggle! I didn't know until Erik and Hailey were talking in hushed voices behind their closed bedroom door.. I walked in just in time to see the firefly's head strategically positioned between the clamps of Erik's toy pliers... CRUNCH went his head!!!! poor guy
I am cracking up over the lightening bug. At least he died a quick death.
How are you guys moving the car?
And yes, the GPS devices are a direct blessing on mankind from our Heavenly Father. I would like to get one, but though they're not as expensive as they once were, they still take a chunk from the budget!
Thinking about and praying for you guys. What a wonderful time in your lives!
You make the East Coast sound so desirable! I always thought going north was the promised land for Californians, now the right coast is starting to sound good. Can't remember once from my tour in high school.
GPS's are great until you cross a border. Completely useless in Mexico. ^_^
Lookin' forward to seeing you guys when you get back. (FYI, I'm outta town until July now...)
Post a Comment