Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MD3: Listed Update and Pics (finally)

Church - I wasn't able to hear the sermon on Sunday because I stayed with Judah in nursery. He hates nursery and is on the weird time-change schedule, so we thought it best. Matt said that the teaching was in keeping with Master's Seminary style and content, which is wonderful. It is a little more formal than our current church, but I remember that when we first visited Grace we said we'd have to get used to the more "casual" atmosphere...which quickly happened. I think we have decided that we won't need to visit around unless we see a need for it after being here a while (which we doubt). Why go through the headache if you already have a solid church? :-) I'm sure we'll get used to the more formal feel soon enough if this is truly where God wants us to be. I met several ladies in the nursery, and there will be no lack of friendship with other women who have young babies/kids. And I already have to "friends" Angie (single) and Stephanie (married with baby girl). Love 'em both already!

Apartment Hunt - Two more GREAT possibilities and one no after today's searching in Odenton, MD. Stephanie and Matt's two interviewers today all recommended we look in that city. It's close to work and is a new/developing community. Leesh, yes, there are entry ways here! AMAZING! Our apt. in Salinas opens straight to the living room, too, so it must be a CA thing.

Interviews - Matt has ruled out two of his 5 job possibilities, so that leaves 3 for him to choose from. Please pray for wisdom for him as he can't really seek "counsel" about these jobs from anyone unless they are in the field...which limits it greatly.

Weather - Woah. Can we say stinkin' hot and swim-through-the-air humidity? We went and did a load of laundry at a laundry mat today. Wish we could have also washed the clothes we were wearing because we were sweating like all day! We made sure to drink lots of water since our bodies aren't used to this. Judah drank so much he already peed through both his jean shorts since we washed them today. ::sigh:: So, not only did our bathroom sink serve as a dishwasher tonight but also a washer. It was supposed to thunderstorm tonight and tomorrow...it has yet to begin, and we suspect we'll just be getting rain.

I'm exhausted. We're looking forward to a relaxing morning tomorrow. Since we've been here, I/we/Matt have had to be someplace every morning. Enjoy the pics from the airport, laundry mat, and around the hotel room! I'll try to get some tomorrow of what it looks like around here for those who've never been to MD. And I so wish you could see Judah dancing to the Ice Age credit music...hilariously adorable!


Airport Happiness (thank goodness!)



Laundry Mat Smiles (most of the time...)




TV and hotel living - A novelty for him...and I guess us, too. :-P

7 comments:

Kathie said...

I'm so gratful for the internet/blogging :) Also for a daughter who is computer literate (sp?) and knows that people care and wonder what is going on. Hope all that makes sense.

Judah seems bigger every time you post a picture. Such cuteness

Jaclyn said...

Thanks for the updates and pictures! I am glad things are going well. It is strange to think about you all moving, again, because it seems like you just moved to CA! How time flies!!!

I love you all!!!

Autumn said...

it's wierd... after reading your updates I caught myself "missing" you even more since you're travelling.. and looking forward to your "return" home...

thanks for the updates and I'm glad things are going well!

Alicia said...

That's so funny about the entry ways. I know its petty, but when we first moved here, that was one of the things I really wanted in an apartment since our WA one had it! Haha, fat chance finding that here. Now we walk smack into our living room. I am so glad you felt at home in the church you attended and met people who you could connect with. Have a restful day and enjoy your new home! I could be wrong, but it looks like the "travel blanket" idea didn't fly (no pun intended) with Judah. Was that his normal blankie with him in the airport?!?! Good try anyways, Mom!

Kathie said...

Wow, Alicia is very observant. What happened to the travel blankie?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's been a great trip, Dawn! Praise the Lord! I love the pictures too. I tagged you for a little memo over at my blog, if you are interested:).

Anonymous said...

GUESS WHAT????!!!! What a beautiful day it was!!!! And all because you and Matt and Judah were part of my day in real life!!!!! What ablessing it was to finally meet you :) I wish (selfishly) that the time could have been longer, but I trust you arrived safely at home and will have wonderful days of rest and refreshement ahead of you! Much love to you all!!!!

Powered By Blogger