~Matt and I both have developed a cough, mine accompanied by slight asthma. I think Matt's is more superficial than mine and at least it's ok for HIM to sound like a man. I'm tired of the rattling chest, junked up throat, slight difficulty breathing, and hoarse man voice. But an inhaler will arrive on my doorstep today. Pray it helps! I deserately don't want it to develop into bronchitis or anything. We're thinking maybe some of the smoke from the Cali fires has blown up and triggered it all.
~How is the inhaler arriving you ask? MY FAMILY! My dad has a conference to go to in Monterey next week, so my parents and Hope are flying in a few days early and leaving the 22nd (a few days after the conference). I'm so excited for them to see where we are living, even without all our stuff. They'll be staying in a hotel here in Salinas until they go to their hotel in Monterey (Sat I think). They should be able to stay with us in the days after conference because...
~Got a call from the moving guy yesterday. He said he thinks he'll be here next Tuesday. At least we were contacted and have an estimate. And it will be nice to have my mom and sister here if the mover arrives while Matt is gone. I've got a feeling my mom will know where I would want stuff so I don't have to be the only one in charge. :-)
~I'm so excited that Aut and Andy's house sold and that their move is beginning now! She got to watch me go through it, so now it's fun to be on the other side...and I guess to be relieved I had no kids outside of me. Whew! That's got to be SOME adventure moving with three little ones! But I see this as a great change for them, and a turn down a fresh path of life!
~ A couple pictures of the color present in our apartment now. It looks good, but will look AWESOME once the rest of our furniture is here. Peach/Tangerine is living room. Yellow is obviously bedroom. The yellow is much deeper in person, and brings out the embroidery in our bedspread. Don't worry. I didn't pick yellow randomly. It'll look beautiful if I could ever find fake palm fronds to attach to the wall as a headboard to really bring out the theme of Tropical Romance.


~And my MOST EXCITING news for today is what happened this morning. Matt pressed snooze a few more times than usual, but we were both awake. The baby started kicking a little, and Matt put his hand there as I was telling him the baby would stop if he did...because it always does. But, a few seconds later, the baby gave the biggest kick of all so far and Matt felt it!!! We were both joyed to pieces! I think it might have made his morning. I hope he feels more a part of this pregnancy now, and I pray that there will be more frequent times now that he'll get "in touch" with our baby. Goodness, I haven't even gotten to feel a kick with my hand yet. Good baby! Do it again soon!

6 comments:
how cool that Matt got to feel the peanut kick! I have good memories of similar moments. :)
Keep the pictures coming! How exciting!
I'm jealous that you all get to be together... wish I were there, too!
The place is looking good. Look out for my email...
I have a big grape!!!!! There was fresh fruit at the church's food bank last night that needed to go. These grapes are huge! I bet they are from California! Woo hoo! I love baby kicks :-) I cannot wait until they are mine!
i was just looking through your blog today....and u and hubby look so cute in front of grand canyon! ( i remember that shirt -aut let me borrow it too!) and i love the colors u picked out for your place...and glad matt felt kick! i know, it took my hub forever to feel our little guy's kick!
WOW! I got a comment from one of Aut's commenting crazy friends! Thanks for the smile today Bek! I envy Autumn for how many friends she has a-bloggin'!
Get ready for a flood of comments from ECC folks. They put your letter in the communicator this morning.
-Paul E. Wog
Post a Comment