Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tippy Tuesday

I'm going to try and start a new thing: Tippy Tuesday. A day in which I just post random tips of things that work for me around the house that may or not be of use to others. I've learned from having a subscription to Better Homes & Gardens (thank you, Brenda!) that I am an idea-lover. Even if I never use a tip or idea, I love simply reading about them! So, I give you the first Tippy Tuesday post.

Instead of having a random stack of kid socks, too small to stack like adult socks but too big to lay neatly like baby socks, I pair mine up and stack them in a criss-cross fashion. That way, it gives a wide base so the tower doesn't fall over in the drawer AND my sons can easily pick up a pair without bringing just a handful of socks.






I love having an egg container in my fridge. But I also know that it is "best" to store eggs upright as they come in an egg carton. I just discovered that an egg carton actually fits in my egg container! So, I snipped off the lid and flap and placed the whole bottom half of the carton with the eggs in the egg container. Pop the lid back on, and stack the next carton on top. Keeps all eggs from being crushed and keeps them upright. The only drawback is that it doesn't look quite as quaint as a bunch of eggs piled in a container. :-)

2 comments:

Rachael M. said...

I LOVE Better Homes and Gardens!! I got a subscription when I first got married and have gotten countless household tips from them through the years! Great magazine!
And love the idea of tippy Tuesday! :)

besnini said...

I love reading tips too :) The egg idea is such a great idea!! I knew you were to keep your eggs in their container, though I didn't know why.... now I do :) Tippy Tuesday is a great idea too

Powered By Blogger