Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Just a Day

An ordinary day. Pristine sunshine streaming across my quiet living room on this crisp fall afternoon. Glorious Sonshine filling my heart with joy despite some hardships as of late. Isn't He good like that?

Eden has a terribly gross nose right now. Every time yucky snot is running out, Elijah yells, "SICK! She needs a tissue, Mommy. It's SICK!" I suppose either Matt or I have described it as such enough times to influence our little dude's vocabulary.

We learned about wind and rain yesterday. I reviewed our terms at dinner, and Judah said a light rain is a "dribble" (instead of drizzle). Not sure I'll correct that just yet.

Last night, I was straightening up my sewing stuff. With Elijah looking on, Judah took it upon himself to press the ironing board's button and make it slam down. Totally scared me as I envisioned pinched arms, bonked heads, etc. After I knew they were ok, I commenced explaining that it was dangerous of him to do that. That's a mommy-job. But while I was talking, my boys were lost in their own amazement at how the ironing board went down. Judah told Elijah, "Look, 'Lijah! It downloaded!" Ha ha ha!

I'm off to neti my way into a nap before the hub-bub of post naptime begins.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger