Saturday, May 01, 2010

Two-Week Heart Check

It's been about two weeks since we welcomed our little Eden into our arms -- and what a glorious two weeks it has been! She is so different from either of our boys! Nursing has been a breeze to establish, so much that I can actually have warm fuzzy thoughts towards her while she is nursing. That NEVER happened with the boys because nursing was so difficult with them. At two weeks, she is already on a pretty solid 3 hour schedule and has slept 4-5 hours straight the past two nights (hopefully a new pattern...).

I consider this to be a huge blessing and gift straight from the Lord. Eden is our last newborn. And we have had nothing but sweet joy and an easy transition to three kids (which we were told by many would be the hardest). Just shy of two weeks with a newborn and already Matt and I are in awe that we feel like things are routine. That's right -- routine! It seems surreal.

Not once have I had regrets or tears over our decision that Eden would be our last biological baby as I expected I would. Not in the recovery room and not in the days since then. My thoughts have consistently been along positive lines. Resting in the knowledge that my body is finished being put through the rigors and pains of pregnancy and c-sections as well as being excited to get in shape for good. Feeling complete as a family (like my arms are "full," as my mom describes it). Looking forward to years of worry-free romance with my hubby. I haven't focused at all on not ever again having a pregnant belly, feeling a baby inside, etc. And even thinking about that now as I write leaves me unaffected emotionally. God is SO good to affirm decisions we make in faith by allowing our hearts to be at peace once the decision is final.

Thank you, Father, for letting Your peace reign in my heart these last two weeks. From the moments in surgery when I knew my child-bearing days were ending to tonight when I see my last newborn in her daddy's arms, I relish this "complete" feeling You have given my heart. I sit in awe at how You have granted our family an incredibly easy transition to three children and life with a daughter. What a gift to have so much enjoyment with our last newborn journey!

4 comments:

Abbie Burnham said...

I'm so happy to hear this, Dawn! I'll continue to be praying for you to rest in the Lord's future for your family.

Tara said...

Praise the Lord. This is wonderful news. And an answer to many people's prayers. So encouraged to read this!!

Michelle said...

What a blessing, all the way around! I smiled broadly as I read this post:)

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely thrilled to read this Dawn. I have been and will continue praying for you. We love little Eden already too. It is such a blessing to see how adjusted
she is to the family. You are a wonderful mother, very organized,thorough, and competent. It is no wonder why she is already so scheduled. :) Praying that God continues to bless you and the whole family.

Powered By Blogger