Judah ran up to me yesterday afternoon and hugged my leg while saying, "I'm so glad I have a Mom and Dad." ::warm fuzzies::
Judah looked at Norah during breakfast this morning and said, "Her cheeks are getting bigger!"
Elijah says...
Roh: roll
Wee-bit: ribbit
Za date: the gate
Ope: help
Doo-joo: Judah
Hoo-oo: the name for his blue monkey
Elijah really likes pushing Norah in the stroller. He pushes while I guided. Made me think of a great analogy! It is our responsibility to keep pushing forward in our Faith, and it is God's responsibility to guide us if we are His. When we try to steer away from where God is guiding, we get stuck and risk hurting ourselves and others!
While playing in the GORGEOUS low humidity this morning, I saw several cicada exoskeltons, so I took the opportunity to teach the boys a little. I explained that there is a bug that comes out of his shell, and that the shell was empty but looked like the bug. Judah mentioned he saw a green bug "over dere" and took me to it. Sure enough -- it was a cicada that had JUST molted! His wings were still crumpled up, so there was no fear of him flying at us or away. We watched him every so often and helped him get on the grass rather than the sidewalk. I kept explaining that his wings needed to dry and uncurl. The last time we checked on him, Judah was able to see big wings! He got to see the change. A good science lesson for today! :-)

5 comments:
Great analogy! Thanks for sharing. :)
What a great time of learning the Lord gave you this morning. How cool that Judah got to see the bugs two ways :)
Thank the Lord for beautiful mornings!
I love reading your blog, Dawn. Though I'm new to it...I can't help but to smile as I envision the boys saying those things. I can just here "Over Dere" coming from Judah...LOL. You have such sweet babies! :)
Post a Comment