Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Kid's Dream

This morning, Judah came in our room in typical fashion and snuggled in bed with me. After a while, this is what he said...

"There was a log coming down from the sky. It was going to touch the ground. Daddy used my green blanket to hit it, and it went away. ::long pause:: It had two mean eyes."

I asked him if it was a dream, and he said it happened "two months ago." I was more confused. I asked him if it was a tornado or if it was from a movie he has seen, trying to figure out why he would be talking about something like this. He said it was real. And that the log came off of a logging truck, came down from the sky, and was going to touch the ground. "And Daddy used your blanket to hit it away?" "No, he used MY blanket."

Um, ok?

**EDIT**
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT! The other day, I let Judah watch the last cartoon on Fantasia 2000 which I had up to that point not been letting him watch due to intensity. The last cartoon is about a GREEN woodland fairy that looks sort of like a soft, flowy blanket. She battles a "firebird" that is dark with two mean red eyes and dives at the ground (which could look like a log coming down to the ground). In the end, the green blanket (the fairy) defeats the log with two mean eyes (the firebird). Fascinating. Perhaps we wont' be watching that one again for quite some time...

---------------------

At breakfast, Elijah saw that I had just eaten the last bite of my waffle. He said, "Mee-mee, done!" He still calls me Mee-mee, by the way. I've tried to correct him a few times, but it never takes. And I'm not sure I mind that it doesn't take. I'm growing to find Mee-mee sentimental. <3 I can't believe he'll be two in a few weeks!

---------------------

Poor Judah. All day yesterday, he complained of his legs aching. Last night he started running a low fever. This morning, he still has the same exact temperature, and his legs are VERY tender in the back. You barely push on it and he cries. Strained muscles? Growing pains? :-(

No comments:

Powered By Blogger