There is one movie I will always love no matter how old I get. The boys and I watched most of it this morning (I skip some parts). I thought I'd share a few highlights as it was a fun and special time for us.-Judah calls it "Pew-tee & da Beasss."
-When Belle walked out of her home at the beginning, Judah said, "She looks like Mommy!"
-I love how my boys love to snuggle. I have two arms and two sides for two little boys to snuggle up close!
-I got an insatiable urge to color while watching. Made me remember my childhood days of coloring pretty dresses and Disney princesses. :-)
-Beauty and the Beast is a great movie to emphasize that "A soft answer turns away wrath." Judah was noticing as the movie went on that "He's [Beast] not angry anymore." I told him that Belle's kindness was helping Beast not be as angry. Her soft voice was calming him down...the same is true in real life when we use kind speech seasoned with grace when talking with Mommy, Daddy, or Elijah. Soft answers help others not be angry.
-Elijah loves for me to hold him and dance cheek to cheek during "Tale as Old as Time." He does it for the entire song and especially loves the twirls.
-At the end, we often have to explain why Beast and Gaston are fighting. When Gaston fell, Judah said he wasn't angry anymore. I told him the reason Gaston fell was because he wouldn't leave Beast alone and was very angry at Beast. Anger leads to ruin and only hurts people. Judah said of Gaston, "He needs Jesus." ::sigh of contentment:: I love little snippets of proof that Matt and I are succeeding in our goal to raise kids who understand and love Christ even if we fail to be perfect parents.

3 comments:
I'm just smiling so big :D What a nice morning you had with your boys...sweet memories. Also it is so great that you saw and took the opportunity to re-enforce scripture, you are practicing Deut. 6 :)
...thanks to the Holy Spirit for bringing it to mind! He's a great help in parenting. ;-)
Hey, Dawn! I just found your blog through your mom. :) I love the "soft answer turns away wrath" angle. I'll have to remember that one.
Post a Comment