New neighbors are moving in downstairs -- a Mexican American couple, Christina and Dilano. He seems a little quiet and reserved, and she immediately opened up when I extended myself to her. Maybe a little older than us, but expecting their first baby (a boy!) September 3rd. And now I have another reason to bake something! :-)
Went to the beach today with a good sized group from church. So now I have a new beach to take Matt to since we've never been anywhere but Carmel. Judah sat in laps the whole time. Still doesn't like the sand.
Matt's interviews are finished. Just wait until you hear the CRAZY story of how/when he got to Baltimore. Without his luggage. Let's just say his attire was not quite as casual as Will Smith's in Pursuit of Happyness...but it was a t-shirt and jeans. He just had dinner with a family from HBC (the church there) and is now at their small group Bible study. I can't wait for him to get his luggage and then be able to CRASH at the hotel. He's only had 2 hours of not-the-greatest sleep since yesterday morning when we woke up. :-(
Three weeks from today. Can you believe it?? I'll have Elijah in my arms three weeks from this moment. I'll like that better than the foot that is pushing hard on my rib cage right now.
Here are some pics!
Mamaw sent a couple packages full of goodies for all of us -- this sweater vest goes PERFECTLY with his Momma's favorite shirt. My, doesn't Judah look so dapper? :-D
True to all that is kid, Judah loves this box.
I'll give you one guess at who I thought of when I saw this expression on Judah's face. We'll see if anyone guesses right (no Sbux card reward though...). I love this picture!
I "weeded" out the dying flowers from our anniversary bouquet from Jaclyn. I get such satisfaction out of doing that. It's like getting two arrangments out of one and making the original last longer. :-)
Gotta go get ready for dinner with the Molchans -- I'm treating them to my Strawberries & Cream Cloud Cake -- and then Bible study! Love to all!

4 comments:
my guess is that the pic of Judah reminds you of HAILEY!
Yowsa! Now that you mention it, Aut, I can TOTALLY see Hailey!!! My first thought was Gramps, especially in the eyes. But I definitely see Hailey now in addition to Gramps!
Matt...I just...you just don't know how much I want you back here right now. I miss you! Hope you're sleeping well as I type this!
It reminds me of Hailey also.
OK, when Nonie was telling me the story of Matt's wonderful adventure, I so thought of Pursuit of Happiness too. :)
And I remember the last month of pregnancy, not wanting to be kicked or pregnant anymore. I soo relate.
love,Janet
Breath != Breathe
Just letting you know. You can correct it and delete this comment if you like. :)
Post a Comment