Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Last Post

First, for those curious about my reaction to seeing my mom for the first time after her major weight loss...I cried right there at the airport. It was quite shocking, and I doubt I would have noticed her had she not waved us down. I've never known her to be this size -- pretty much MY typical size. It's amazing and wonderful at the same time. As we sat next to each other at church, I majorly noticed that her very presence is much smaller. I also couldn't stop thinking "This is truly where I got my frame" though we both agree I'm slightly curvier. ;-) Way to go, Momma, for having such discipline. I'm proud of you and excited for this great change in your life -- it'll be weird to trade clothes if/when we do! :-D

Well, this is my last post before we are "officially" parents of two little boys. Today has been such an odd day, thinking about all the lasts. It is SOOO strange to know when this pregnancy will be over and a new baby in our arms. This morning was my last breakfast with just one kid. This was my last day to not be a nursing mom. This was my last whole day to waddle around and feel a baby going nuts inside after having something sweet. Tonight was my last night to put Judah to bed and snuggle him while he sat on my big belly. So many different things to think about and cherish.

We're going in at 7:00 tomorrow for two hours of prep, then surgery at 9:00. We expect to be able to start calling people around 11:00 our time (after surgery and recovery). I can not WAIT to see what Elijah looks like! Will he look just like Matt's newborn pic like Judah did? Or do I get to claim a son? :-) I also can't wait to see how much he'll weigh. I took one last belly pic today 1) for comparison to my last Judah preggie pic and 2) so Jaclyn can try her hand at guessing the weight (she got Judah's right). I'm thankful I didn't puff up because of swelling/weight like I did with Judah (left picture). :-P



Here is one last picture of just the three of us...



This is me, signing off for the last time as a mother of one. When next I post, I shall be the mom of two adorable boys! And of course loaded with all the details of his birth!

Pray for us -- especially for Elijah Aaron Esparza!

4 comments:

Kathie said...

I cannot express the joy I have at being here with you all! I am typing this as you are in surgery. I can't wait to meet little Elijah. Thank you for the sweet remarks about my new body but I give all the praise to the Lord because it truely is His doing. I'm waiting anxiously for the call :)

Jason and Jodee said...

Good night, woman!! I forgot what a full term prego looks like! It might be the angle but you look like your belly is LOW. I'm sure it will feel much nicer once Elijah is out, not beating you up! Seriously though, all in your belly. Good job making it through another pregnancy! Hope you aren't too tired :) Congrats!

Autumn said...

tick tock... can't wait to hear your voice! I've been thinking about you all morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIJAH!!!

Jaclyn said...

You look... looked great!!!! ;-)

I cannot believe you are the mother of two children, two boys!

I love you!!!

Powered By Blogger