Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Judah's Story: Part 1

I've been inspired by my dear friend Jaclyn to ponder the birth stories of my children and put them in writing.  Hearing the stories surrounding the births of children just amazes me -- it points clearly to God's creativity, sovereignty, and goodness surrounding new life.  Children truly are a blessing from Him, and He is the best Story Writer ever!

Judah's Story: Part 1

In the couple weeks before Judah was born, I was huge.  It hurt when anything poked my rotund belly because the skin was stretched so tightly.  My hips were in a great deal of pain due to life-long loose joints made even more loose by pregnancy hormones.  I was tired.  But, praise the Lord, I took the advice of my sister: "Sleep all you want because this is the only pregnancy you'll be able to."  She was right!  Those glorious days of one or two 2+ hour naps are LONG gone!  :-P  Speaking of my sister...

In the blink of an eye, the Lord worked it out that she was able to fly out to California to be with Matt and I as we waited for Judah to be born.  I was completely relieved and ecstatic!  Of all the people I wanted in the room with me as I labored, it was Autumn.  I found such comfort in the thought of her being near, both in her love for me and her love for labor and delivery.  Not to mention, it was so nice to have a family member near.  California is a LONG way from either of our families.  God provided instant peace and companionship for me when she arrived at our home!

During my second to last appointment with my doctor, he "stripped my membranes" in order to encourage contractions.  I was 1 cm, 40% effaced, and nearing my due date.  Which was debatable.  He said March 6, but I said March 10 according to my "more exact" calculations.  The next week, I was still at 1-2 cm and 40%; so he stripped my membranes again as another gentle encouragement to my body to start getting things ready.  As God would have it, my body continued to be content with a baby inside.  I didn't mind -- it gave Autumn and I a most wonderful day in Monterey and at Carmel Beach.  Such peaceful, lovely memories with my sis in my last days without a child in my arms.  I consider it a huge blessing that the Lord allowed me peaceful excitement in anticipating my first child.

The time for Autumn to fly home was drawing near.  I was so afraid that she'd have to leave before I had Judah.  God made provision, and she changed her flight to almost a week later!  So now the prayer was that Judah would be born sometime before Saturday, March 11, which would be "Induction Day" if he did not want to come out before that.  March 10 would be great -- a birthday present for my Gramps!

Next up, Part 2 - Wednesday, March 8...

1 comment:

besnini said...

Oh, you and Jaclyn and leaving your readers hanging... gah!!!!

Powered By Blogger