Friday, June 03, 2011

T.G.I.F.

While watching Little Einsteins in which the instrument of the episode was a French horn, Judah logically asked, "Are French horns for people who speak French?"

As we were sitting at the table eating breakfast, Elijah was being pretty silly. He was waving his arms around then all of the sudden stopped mid-air. "I'm paused!" Did you just say "I'm PAUSED!"? "Yes." Gone are the days of "I'm freezed/frozen/froze." It's been modernized.

To get some background, listen to this clip from Brian Regan (and disregard the lame graphics). This week, I received my first moment referenced in this little sketch. The boys were playing outside. Judah comes tearing through the front door into the kitchen where I am. "Hey, Mommy!!!" (pause) During the pause, he raised his hands in front of his body as if to calm me down. "Don't worry." (pause) Uuhhhh....you better start talking, son! I don't even remember what happened, but it wasn't serious. Thankfully!

We discovered Elijah calls bookmarks "nookmarks." Ironically, that exists, too.

Judah was pretending to be Superman, complete with blanket cape hanging down his back. He "flew" to the doorway of the kitchen and in a deep voice declared, "I'm Superman!" I played along. I went over to him and put my arms on his shoulders and cried, "Superman, save me!!" He held up his hands and said (still in a deep voice), "Uh, hold on. I have to go save someone." ::speechless:: What am I, chopped liver?? I'm your MOTHER! :-)

2 comments:

besnini said...

These made me laugh, especially Elijah being "paused". Where did he get that? Maybe from pausing a DVD? And apparently you didn't look like you needed saving :D

I'm actually starting to feel sad for Hope, that she has to leave soon.

Gina said...

Have the kids seen The Upside Down Show on NickJr (on entirely too late at your house...but it used to be on earlier in the day). They use a pretend remote and ask kids, "Would you press {some button, often a silly one} on your remote?" Then something silly happens - they stop moving, and without moving their lips one of them will say, "You pressed the pause button, will you please press play?"

Love that 'Hey, Mommy! Don't worry..." Um, yeah, right. I'm worried just by virtue of you SAYING that, son! :)

Powered By Blogger