Take the past couple days for instance. This week was going to be a pretty calm week in a sense that there was not much going on at all out of the norm. Just a fun lunch with Grandma Robin on Wednesday. All of the sudden this is what my week holds and the stories behind how this week's schedule came to be:
FAMILY
Finalization of tickets for my grandmother and little sister to arrive here tomorrow. Sudden but oh so fun! Nonie is coming to care for her mom (my great grandmother) as she has been having some heart trouble this past week. Nonie will come back to stay a night next week before returning to her home. Hope is coming just to spend two weeks with our family -- so fun and so helpful to us as we keep trying to get settled!
BUILDERS
The work on our home seems to have been dragging out longer than we expected. Sounds normal, though. :-) We haven't seen Bob the Builders for a while, most likely due to the rain we've gotten lately. I found out this morning that gutters will be done tomorrow morning and garage doors mid-day. Woo hoo! And speaking of garage doors...
TERMITES
I knew Terminix would be coming today to do a routine pest spray because we have a small ant problem and a weird rolly polly problem (they used to be cute until I started sweeping up about 15-20 per day...and can I say I am SOOOO thankful none of my children like to pick up small things and put them in their mouths!). So I wasn't alarmed at the knock on my door between 1:00 - 3:00. Expecting a man, I was a little surprised to see a woman. You don't really ever see a bug woman, just the "bug man." What surprised me even more was when she said, "Hi, I'm Dawn Marie with Terminix." I'm sorry, what did you say? "Uh, I'm Dawn Marie with Terminix, here to do your free termite inspection." I'm sorry, did you say your name was Dawn Marie? "Yeees?" As in d.a.w.n. m.a.r.i.e.? "Yeeees?" She was pretty hesitant at this point. Is Marie your middle or last name? "Middle. ??" I finally explained (and apologized) that I was quite shocked... because that's my exact name, too. We had a good laugh, and I tried to become un-awkwardified so as to move on with the appointment. And became clear that she was not here to spray but to give the free termite inspection that comes with any Terminix service (who knew?). But that's not all. The next surprise came when she found evidence of active termites in the garage door frames (which are being ripped out tomorrow, perhaps Providence?). May I educate my readers and say that in order to purchase this foreclosed home, it had to pass termite inspection -- and it did. So someone fouled up. (Please submit the following days to prayer as we try to sort through this and hopefully not get docked a sum of money for treatment. The Lord's will be done, though.) Hence, add termite treatment to Wednesday. **ADDENDUM** The "bug man" was just here. Not only did he ask if I was tired and point out the dark circles under my eyes, he also complimented me on my laptop and giggled throughout his time here as he remembered the new term "rolly polly." He said his vocabulary is ever increasing. I said "rolly polly" is more quaint than "pill bug." Despite the ick in this world, sometimes it can be so fun to interact with strangers! It's refreshing when you find a few who are a pleasure to meet!
3) Hubz is bringing home three co-worker friends for lunch on Friday -- I'm looking forward to it! He works with some great guys, and one of them I haven't met yet... the one who gets to share a cubicle with my Love!
Add to that small group and band, normal duties of wife and mommy, 3 nursing covers, house management... We're full up, Sweetcheeks.
But I'm gonna roll with it. Because God is in control. He has written each page of my story. I've been through crazier weeks (like the one before our big move!). And I'm alive, well, happy, and growing. Shoot -- I even got up early and did yoga this morning! Started the day with an answer to prayer, that I would start meeting a new goal!
Oh yeah. The HVAC guy is supposed to be here in 30 minutes. I need to figure out dinner. And the prospect of me being able to read for small group tonight is looking VERY slim now.
Keep focused on what is of supreme importance, and life with be an overall joyous adventure!
But seek first HIS KINGDOM and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:33-34

No comments:
Post a Comment