Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tippy Tuesday: Get Your Fix...At Home

I "forced" Matt to help me with this week's menu because, well, I wanted help. It gets tiring to come up with menu after menu -- lots of brain work, even with all the menus I've got stored up. One meal he came up with was to try chicken sandwiches of the Chick-fil-A type with waffle fries from the freezer section. So, we tried it! WOW! Not the exact recipe or anything, but it was close enough to definitely get our Chick-fil-A fix at home. And my best guestimate is that I fed four mouths and had 2 leftover servings for what one single combo meal would cost.

All I did was fillet boneless, skinless chicken breasts down to sandwich size. I cut several into nugget pieces for the boys. In one shallow dish, beat one egg with a tablespoon of milk. In another shallow dish, combine unseasoned bread crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, and a touch of garlic powder to suit your fancy. (Sorry, I didn't measure!) Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Egg 'n bread the chicken and place it in the hot oil for a few minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel. Then all you have to do is add in the bun, pickles, mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Ta da! Oh, and the waffle fries from the oven. :-) A bona fide Chick-fil-A fix...at home.

Now, for another fix at home, I bring you another Hubz In the Kitchen moment. :-) Matt has occasionally gotten a crazy notion to combine cranberry juice with ice cream. But he's never really done it (nor have I been on board). Until tonight. WOWSERS! Talk about a Sonic fix...at home. I used my fav cran-pomegranate and he used cran-cherry. A couple scoops of vanilla ice cream with a splash of juice. To borrow from Blue's Clues, "Stir it up, stir it up, stir it up tasty..." Mmmm! Seriously. Try it.

1 comment:

besnini said...

I like when your hubz is in the kitchen. The Sonic fix is pretty too :)

Powered By Blogger